I want to visit Belfast but I’m on a budget. Any tips?

I want to visit Belfast but I’m on a budget. Any tips?

Author
Posted Mon 9 Jul 2018 4:22 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
The starting point of the Causeway Coastal Route, which was voted Number one Region Best in Travel 2018 by Lonely Planet, Belfast is a vibrant city bursting with character, history and activity. Minding your pennies? Don’t fret, here are some great places to check out that won’t break the bank!  

Belfast has an array of museums and cultural institutions that can be enjoyed at a minimal cost. First on the list is the Ulster Museum where entry is free. Here you’ll find everything from natural history to high-end art galleries – an absolute must-see is the magnificent Game of Thrones® tapestry. If you’re interested in Ireland’s military past, try the Northern Ireland War Memorial, which looks at the role of Northern Ireland during World War II. You can also go and see the Royal Ulster Rifles Museum, a free museum with a large collection of uniforms and memorabilia of the Royal Irish Regiment. One of Belfast’s most elegant buildings, Belfast City Hall offers free tours to the public between June 1st and September 30th. 

There are also lots of open-air spaces in this historic city. Wander down to the beautiful Botanic Garden and spoil your senses in its wonderful greenhouse. Or take a walk to CS Lewis Square for sculptures from his wonderful The Chronicles of Narnia books. Belfast Castle on Cave Hill is surrounded by woodland parklands and gorgeous gardens, and the panoramic views of the city from here are spectacular!

The best way to get around is by picking up a Belfast Visitor Pass for 1, 2 or 3 days, which allow unlimited travel on the city’s bus and rail system in the city. The pass also entitles you to discounts and offers on some of the most popular attractions.  

Peckish? Check out the award-winning St George’s Market on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. A large indoor market, it’s been in operation since 1890! Pick up some picnic supplies and enjoy the outdoors. Bubbacue does smokin’ American style food for reasonable prices, or visit the longest established fish and chip shop in Belfast at John Long’s Fish and Chips

Any community members have any tips for touring Belfast on a budget? Let us know!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/09-07-2018/c09255a5-0106-4ee7-8208-b6aa.jpg
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Aug 2021 4:33 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 19 Mar 2024 9:01 AM Visits: 69
A great way to get around all the tourist attractions and sights we found was the Belfast hop on hop off tour we got to visit the
Ulster Museum,Titanic Museum,Hms Caroline,Crumlin goal not to mention the international peace walls and murals. If you want a more one on one experience I would recommend a Belfast black taxi tour

If your into game of thrones, then a game of thrones filming locations tour is a must for any traveller.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 20 Apr 2022 8:17 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 20 Apr 2022 8:17 AM Visits: 316
If your looking for something more exclusive on a budget and arriving on a cruise ship i would always recommend booking your tour with a local company and not on the cruise ships as they are well known for charging crazy prices in comparison. Checkout shore excursions belfast a local company who can pick you up directly from any of Belfast's x2 main ports and return you in good time before the final all onboard call.