Looking for headstone at Goldenbridge Cemetery

Looking for headstone at Goldenbridge Cemetery

Author
Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 6:10 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am having trouble finding  an ancestor of mine by the name of Isabella Byrne. She married William Dwyer in 1860 @ Sandyford.  I think, but am not sure, that William was a military man. There first son Charles was born in Dublin in 1861, followed by John in 1863 on Mercer Street, Dublin and by a 3rd son Michael, born at soldiers barracks in Naas, Kildare in 1865. 
Father's occupation listed as canteen keeper. Trying to find the death record for Isabella Byrne Dwyer. None listed at the GRO.
I found a grave listing at Glenneven for an Isabella Dwyer, age 26, who died at the constabulary depot in Kildare in October of 1866.  She is listed as being buried in Goldenbridge Section # 3.  Her sons would have been 5, 3, and 1 when she died. my relative John came to Canada as a drummer for the 101st regiment. He stayed and married when he was 17.  We were in Ireland in 2016,but could not access Goldenbridge at that time. Not sure if a headstone would even be legible now. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 8:49 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Sharon, 

I was able to find a burial/death record and a marriage record for Isabella Dwyer via Roots Ireland as well. Did you get a chance to take a look at these records? They might mention where Isabella was born or where she was from, and that way you know in which archive to look. Sometimes you can find information of parents or relatives as well.

After 150 years Goldenbridge Cemetery reopened to the public on the 14th of May 2017. There are tours of the grounds available, and if you get in touch with them they might be able to tell you more about Isabella's story.

I hope some of our other experts can shine a light on it as well, and please keep us posted on your findings. :)

Wishing you the best of luck on your search,

Melin 

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 26 Jul 2018 4:54 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank you for your reply.

I know Isabella Byrne married William Dwyer in 1860 in Sandyford.  

The death record on roots is not my Isabella.  

I went to Glesnevin Cemetery when I was there in 2016 and they found a burial record for a Isabella Dwyer in Goldenbridge, with the information that she was 26 years old and living at constabulary depot in Kildare. Death date October 1, 1866.  This is where her last son Michael was born in 1865. That is why I think it is a possibility that it may be my Isabella. Unfortunately Goldenbridge was not open at the time we were there. I live in Canada, so not easy to pop over again. My only hope was to find a headstone with a possibility of more information. I tried ordering a death record, since they started keeping them in 1864, but none was found.  Thanks again. Sharon
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 27 Nov 2023 3:30 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)I'm into this (259 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: 16 hours ago Visits: 277
Explore military archives and regimental records, focusing on the drumming role of your relative John in the 101st regiment, for potential insights into Isabella Byrne Dwyer's history.