I love the sound of a ‘stairway to heaven’ – what’s that all about?

I love the sound of a ‘stairway to heaven’ – what’s that all about?

Author
Posted Wed 10 Oct 2018 4:48 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
With a nickname like that, you can be sure it delivers! What you’re referring to is the Cuilcagh Legnabrocky Trail – a stunning scenic trek through quiet farmlands to the scenic wilderness of Cuilcagh Mountain in Northern Ireland’s County Fermanagh.

You may have seen or heard of the wooden boardwalk that trails through the landscape. This pathway was built to protect the rare blanket bog from erosion. So, it’s no surprise this beautiful area is a Special Area of Conservation.

If you’re looking for the most picture-perfect viewpoint, we would have to say that the stellar sight of Lough Atona is top of the list. This Ice Age era lake was carved out by a glacier a whopping 13,000 years ago!

As the weather can be quite unpredictable, we would recommend that you dress for anything the elements can throw at you! So be sure to don your waterproof gear, hiking boots and warm woolly garments to keep out the chill of that clear mountain air. The hike spans 4.6 miles/7.4km and is suitable for novice hikers and experienced ones alike. Believe us – the views are well worth the effort!

Looking for another natural wonderland to visit? Just one kilometer/half a mile away lies the fascinating underworld of the Marble Arch Caves. And of course, Fermanagh is famous for its breathtaking lakelands, including a staggering 154 islands ripe for exploring!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-10-2018/a75ca71e-1bba-4a56-b0b7-0769.jpg