WHITE family, County Roscommon

WHITE family, County Roscommon

Author
Posted Thu 19 Mar 2020 12:39 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Iv looked in rootsireland in the past, long story but my dad who’s 91 did a DNA test and I’m pretty sure they were from castlerea, thanx for ur reply I’ll keep digging.
colleen
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Mar 2020 10:27 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi Colleen, 

It is great that your dad did a DNA test and was able to pinpoint a location this way. Have you been in touch with the Roscommon Heritage and Genealogy Centre yet by any chance? They might be able to provide you with more information. 

Keep us posted on your findings! :)

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Mar 2020 11:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
That’s me saved it to my home screen, thank you.im in the middle of doing a genealogy course just now so don’t have much time to check everything but as soon as course is finished I’ll get stuck in again, thanx again.
colleen
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Mar 2020 1:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Island of Ireland
It's wonderful that you're doing a genealogy course, and I hope this will come in handy with your research! :) 

We're always here if you have any questions. 

Wishing you a lovely weekend! 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 20 Mar 2020 7:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Thanx you too but I don’t think it’ll b that enjoyable with the pubs closing on my birthday weekend🙈🤯🍷🍷
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 21 Mar 2020 10:00 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
I can imagine it's a different kind of birthday than you had in mind, but I wish you a very happy birthday nonetheless! 🎂🎉😊🎈
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 21 Mar 2020 4:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Thank you and stay safe🍷😜
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Apr 2020 2:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)Industry Member (5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 16
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Wed 26 Jul 2023 11:55 AM Visits: 193
Hi Christopher, I would definitely suggest you taking out a subscription to www.rootsireland.ie (you can subscribe for a day, month, 6 months or a year), as Brian has recommended. I had a quick look and can find John's baptism (in 1858) as well as those for all his siblings searching the baptismal dataset using just their parents' names of Patrick White and Mary Mahon. There may well be more records on this site relating to your ancestors.  

All the best with your research,

Gillian Hunt
Research Officer
Ulster Historical Foundation
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Apr 2020 3:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
That's a great tip, Gillian! Hopefully Christopher will be able to find out more about his ancestors via the Roots Ireland website. Fingers crossed! 🤞