How to get Dublin Airport to Green Lane, Carlow.

How to get Dublin Airport to Green Lane, Carlow.

Author
Posted Sun 17 Mar 2019 8:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Marvin and Melin:

I just got back a few days ago from Ireland and I fell in love more with the country that I started out with.  The people in Carlow was very friendly and my family members that I first time met were warm and welcoming.  Even though it's only one city, I felt the spirit of Ireland around me.  As my mother was from County Limerick, I had Ireland in my DNA.  It's a changing country with a grand history, especially this year when it's the 70th anniversary of Eire becoming a Republic.

And, in an Irish pub, I had my first pint of Guinness, it was delicious and I also had my first taste of Tayto crisps...Smokey Bacon was the flavor.

The only bad thing I have to say, and please forgive me, was Bus Eireann.  As much as I hate to say this, that company is a joke.  The bus driver misunderstood me and took me 40 miles away from where I needed to go and took me to Galway.  I then had to get another bus to Dublin County House Quay station and, with four other people, had to wait an hour for a bus to Carlow outside of the station because the Quay had to close at 11 p.m. (23:00).  I have heard from people in Carlow that, sadly, public transportation in Ireland is not as good as it should be.

Before I go...I must tell you of a funny incident.  I went to a Bank of Ireland to change my currency.  After I ask the teller what I wanted to do, she asked me:  "Do you have an account with us?"

I was a little dumbfounded....at first I felt like saying: "Of course I should have one, I'm from the States, Indiana to be exact...every from Indiana should have a Bank if Ireland account."

Don't worry, a family member took me to a credit union and I got most of it changed.

Thank you for your help...I appreciate it.