Self Guided Hiking Tour Operators in Ireland

Self Guided Hiking Tour Operators in Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:19 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
We are interested in hiking in the Kerry and/or Dingle areas this coming Fall. What are some tour operators/ companies who are actually based in Ireland and are ‘local’? Thanks!

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 13 Apr 2019 8:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 4:14 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hello, Lynne.

I'm delighted to hear that you're interested in hiking in county Kerry. Autumn is one of the great seasons to visit Ireland, since paths are covered by colorful fall foliage and is also Walking Festival Season. How long are you thinking of staying with us?

I have collected a few tour guides on the island who would be able to help you plan the perfect trip below: 

Since Kerry has several walking trails, I also recommend taking a look at the Irish Trails website. There is a map with a list of walking trails and other information such as difficulty, duration, etc. You can also find reviews from other hikers and some downloadable publications that you may find useful for this adventure. 

I hope this was helpful, and that some of our other members will be able to provide you with more tips! Should you need anything else, such as information on accommodation in the area, just let me know!

Francesco

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:48 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Lynne
I would really recommend Linda at Ireland Walk Bike Hike www.irelandwalkhikebike.com
She is local to the area and so knowledgeable, shares all the hidden gems and local insights and offers a great range of walks and hikes. She is super nice and professional and genuine in wanting you to have the best experience of her home locality. I would have no hesitation in recommending her for a really authentic experience. 
I hope this helps! 
Áine 
PS: While you are in Dingle/Killarney you have got to try Murphy's brown bread ice-cream! It's incredible. I don't even love ice-cream that much but this is different...WOW! Their sundaes are honestly in a league of their own!