New Years: Doolin or Dingle?

New Years: Doolin or Dingle?

Author
Posted Thu 6 Jun 2019 12:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi everyone,
Heading to Ireland from South Africa in December for my birthday which happens to be on the 31st. I would like to hear some thoughts and experiences on being in Doolin and Dingle for new years...
I am not looking for a crazy street party which I'm assuming happens in Dublin and Galway, but would like a nice vibe. So not too hectic and not too dead :-)

Thanks!

Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jun 2019 9:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Ronnie,

It's lovely to hear that you will be over with us at the New Year celebrating your birthday with us!

Dingle has become a popular place to celebrate the New Year with firework displays and marching band parades through the town and of course the clock countdown. It is also a lovely part of the country to spend your days too.

Doolin also has its celebrations. Hotels in Doolin will have a New Years evening food and music event if you are looking to combine a wonderful meal with some traditional music and party into the night. 

For some local information, please take a look at our Regional Tourism Offices for contact details for Doolin/Ennis and Dingle as they will be the best contacts for events closer to the date.

I hope this gives you some ideas to start with, and hopefully, your fellow members and some industry partners will be able to add to this list! 

Speak soon,

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jun 2019 10:04 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thanks very much for the info Martin, look forward to coming over!

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jun 2019 12:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 26
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Feb 2022 1:58 PM Visits: 833
Hi there Ronnie,
Call me slightly biased (clue in our name 😂) but you should definitely look at Doolin for New Years. Well, for anytime of the year really...
Our ferry does not run to the Aran Islands or cruise to the Cliffs of Moher in January (March to October due to weather/sea conditions). BUT Doolin is absolutely buzzing at this time of the year, with a fabulous mix of local residents, homecoming visitors for the holidays and lots of people visiting because the like the atmosphere in Doolin at this time of the year. 
There is nothing quite like layering up in chunky jumpers, hats and scarves, getting out in the wild weather, looking at that Wild Atlantic ocean, and then settling in at the fires in the cosy pubs, listening to some fantastic Irish trad, filling up on hearty chowders and stews... 
Doolin is definitely open for business at New Years so check out www.doolin.ie for more details.
Hope this helps you make your choice, in the words of Donkey from Shrek - Pick Me!!!

All the best, Joan and all at Garrihys Doolin2Aran Ferries 
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 8 Jun 2019 2:19 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Ronnie, 

We can't wait to give you a warm welcome for your New Year and birthday celebrations! :) 

What else do you have planned for your time here in December? There is lots to see and do in the area, and you can find some recommended itineraries and trip ideas here

I hope you'll receive even more recommendations from our other members, and keep us posted on your plans! 

Warm regards,

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 17 Nov 2019 6:45 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.8K reputation)
Island of Ireland
tHi Ronnie, 

As December draws closer, we'd love to hear more about your plans for your upcoming visit. Have you sorted out your itinerary for your birthday trip? :) 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 18 Nov 2019 6:17 AM
View Quick Profile
All sorted, just have to get UK visa for my wife for our stop over in London. It is quite ridiculous but she needs a full visitor visa just for a 3 hour stop over

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:20 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Thanks so much for getting back to me, Ronnie! I can imagine it is not ideal to have to arrange a visa for your stopover in London. This would mean you could extend your trip to Northern Ireland as well if you wanted to though. :) 

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm always happy to help! 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:21 PM
View Quick Profile
thanks alot Melin :-)

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 18 Nov 2019 4:55 PM
View Quick Profile
Hey Melin.
thanks for your help. I found The benchmark today at Grattan bridge. Will send a photo. Great days in Dublin. Tomater we watch The game Ireland- Denmark at Aviva stadium
Best regards Kai Rasmussen, denmark. ☘️🇩🇰☘️ 🇩🇰 👍 ❤️❤️https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/18-11-2019/a0247630-a0db-4e7f-b200-ba7.jpeg