I love exploring nature - it’s so soothing. What can I do to relax?

I love exploring nature - it’s so soothing. What can I do to relax?

Author
Posted Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:33 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Ireland’s untamed landscapes – the rolling green fields and wild, rocky coastlines – boast some of the island’s most distinctive features. These places are a perfect tonic to the rigours of our daily lives, and immersing yourself in Ireland’s nature is the ideal way to unplug.

If it’s seclusion you’re looking for, a walk on the Divis Ridge trail in the Belfast Hills should be your first port of call. The relaxed trail offers glorious views over Belfast and the Mourne Mountains, as well as Scotland and the Isle of Man.

In Donegal, along the Inishowen Peninsula, the beautiful and remote region is sometimes bathed in the ethereal glow of the Northern Lights. As Ireland’s most northerly point, it hosts the perfect conditions to observe the rare spectacle known as Aurora Borealis.

Even if you are spending time in the capital, Dublin, nature and relaxation is not far away. Just beyond the bustle of the city streets is Phoenix Park, the largest enclosed park in Europe. As well as Dublin Zoo, the park also boasts vast green fields, plenty of hidden forested areas, and a roaming herd of deer. It is also home to the Irish President Micheal D Higgins’ residence, Áras an Uachtaráin.

At the southern point of Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way lies the Haven Coast, one of the most serene and relaxing places you’ll find on the island. With its temperate climate, the seaside town of Kinsale is a must for anyone looking for a calm, restorative visit. In nearby Skibbereen, you can learn about the history of the area in its Heritage Centre, or immerse yourself in nature on a kayaking trip around Lough Hyne.

The Bay Coast between Mayo and Galway is another prime example of Ireland’s peaceful and rare beauty. Explore the secluded beaches that make the region so special, such as Keem Strand’s with its unique road bridge connecting it to Achill Island, overshadowed by towering sea-cliffs. Explore nature further at the seal colony of Clew Bay, or take in a bit of luxury at the iconic stately home of Westport House.

For an even more remote experience, journey into the Causeway Coastal Route, which has unforgettable coastal drives complete with stunning scenery. Highlights include the Gobbins Cliff Path that hugs the edges of the County Antrim coast, and the gorgeous Rathlin Island, which plays host to a working lighthouse.

Does our Community know of any other relaxing nature retreats?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/11-12-2019/843049c6-d6a6-4bb7-a0f0-422e.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 3 Mar 2020 8:34 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Check out www.dinglerowing.com