Posted Sun 5 Jan 2020 11:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (955 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 16
Canada
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sat 18 Feb 2023 5:47 AM Visits: 2.6K
I hear you!

I dreamed of Ireland for so long...finally visited it in 2018 and I'm going back at the end of April.

For my part, I'd say that you go in Ireland for...Ireland but going back for Irish people!
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Jan 2020 9:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Many thanks to Fredéric for his help and advice, it's lovely to share experiences!

Hopefully, Gary, you will find the perfect vehicle for your group and enjoy again the delights of the island of Ireland. Your itinerary sounds great, where did you manage to see before?
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 6 Jan 2020 6:30 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks Martin, We have been to most of the must sees in Dublin, the Cliffs of Mohr, Ring of Kerry, Ross Castle and Muckross house,  Killarney Lake cruise, Dunloe Gap, Bunratty castle, Blarney Castle, Dingle Town, Conner Pass, Waterford, Cork, Galway, Cong, Sligo, Derry, Glasgow and Newgrange to list just a few.  Loved Oneil's pub in Dublin, Danny Gann's in Killarney and the feast at Bunratty Castle and our trip to Cong where the Quiet Man was filmed.  Just so many memories it's hard to remember them all but definitely ready to make more!
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Jan 2020 3:18 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)Community Expert (8.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 26
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 2:02 PM Visits: 76K
What an impressive first trip, Gary! You have seen quite a lot back then! Thanks for sharing your memories with us and for your pub recommendations as well.

Your September 2020 seems a bit more laidback since you'll be based in different cities for a few days each, are there certains places that you are looking forward to seeing again? 

Best,
Antoine
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 7 Jan 2020 5:47 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks for the reply Antoine.  The list I gave was for our previous 2 trips.  We are really looking forward to all of our stops but Kilkenny and Dingle Town are 2 of our favorites.  We want to hit Doolin this time around as we have heard it is great and the Slea Head loop from Dingle.  The one thing I have learned from previous trips is that it seems no matter where we go we are greeted with a warmth and charm that cannot be measured easily.  Beautiful scenery, wonderful people and such a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable experience that it has to be seen first hand to truly appreciate it's uniqueness.  We have never been disappointed in any of our travels to this garden spot of the world.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 8 Jan 2020 9:52 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Doolin is a lovely place to visit, most people include the town during a visit to the Cliffs of Moher or the Aran Islands but it is lovely in its own right with the pier, gardens and the caves.

The Southern Peninsulas section of the Wild Atlantic Way has many great places to visit, Slea Head Drive is a super part of this area, a really beautiful place to be indeed!

It's not too long until you are with us, we hope everything falls into place and you have a memorable time with us again.

Please let us know when you are here and we would love to hear all about your time with us too.