My friends are really into hurling. Is there a place I can learn the basics while I’m in Ireland?

My friends are really into hurling. Is there a place I can learn the...

Author
Posted Thu 12 Mar 2020 3:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
What a wonderful way to embrace Ireland’s culture. Hurling and Gaelic Football are, of course, essential to the Irish experience and there are plenty of places to pick up the basics!  

A great place to experience the hurling culture is in Kilkenny, as their team has won 34 All Ireland Championship titles. The Kilkenny Way offers a complete insight into the culture and history of hurling while also teaching you the skills involved in the sport. At the end, you can enjoy watching a game of hurling while tucking into a bowl of lamb stew.

The Celtic Group Hostels also provide training sessions in both Galway and Clare. The minimum requirement is a group of 20 people for the activity. You can bring your friends along or venture beyond your comfort zone and join in with a new group where you’re sure to meet others just as eager to learn the sport as you!

If you wish to gain a wider perspective of the Irish Indigenous sports you can book public experiences in Dublin, Galway, Cork and Belfast with Experience Gaelic Games where you’ll experience a mix of culture, history and sport. Or you can visit the GAA Museum at Croke Park (the Gaelic Athletic Association Headquarters in Dublin) for a unique insight into how life and the GAA revolve around each other in Ireland, and how the GAA continues to be celebrated as one of the great amateur sporting associations in the world.

Does our community have any other tips on how to experience the Gaelic games?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/12-03-2020/2d6e8418-b590-471b-b3f2-c49f.jpg