Virtual Irish Gig & Event Guide

Virtual Irish Gig & Event Guide

Author
Posted Fri 8 May 2020 9:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
There is nothing I miss more than going to gigs, and luckily there are a lot of wonderful Irish musicians who are streaming their live sessions online! I have collected a few upcoming events and pages to follow for your Irish music fix! #TogetherAtHome 🎶

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/08-05-2020/0f2407a9-d7f5-4e54-ac12-f4cb.jpg

Duncairn Virtual Cabaret

Belfast's music hub The Duncairn organises a weekly live-streamed series of performances from musicians, poets and artists performing on Facebook and YouTube. For more details and how to watch, check out their Facebook page. Live streams take place every Saturday of May at 8:30 PM GMT. 

Ulster Orchestra 

If you enjoy classical music, make your way over to the official Ulster Orchestra Facebook page. Their new digital platform #UOletsplayathome features one of their players or a performance every day at 3:00 PM GMT. 

Cocoons

Belfast musicians Matt McGinn and Cormac 'The Answer' Neeson are hosting a series of virtual gigs on Saturday nights using Facebook Live, featuring special guests from around the world. Tune in every Saturday night at 7:00 PM GMT on the Cocoons Facebook page

#IStayAtHomeIreland

Daily gigs at 8:00 PM with artists from all over the island on #IStayAtHome Instagram Live, with Artists announced on the day. 

City of Derry Jazz Festival

Join us this Bank Holiday weekend for the City of Derry Jazz Festival from the comfort of your sofa! Over the next coming days, there are multiple live sessions, and you can find them on the City of Derry Jazz Festival's Facebook page, as well as the Tourism Ireland Facebook page. 

Radio

If you'd like to listen to some Irish music right now, tune in to one of the many free local Irish radio stations

Please feel free to add your own favourite live stream or anything I have missed! :)

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 9 May 2020 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi Melin,

Thanks for such a great list. I have been enjoying many lockdown performances myself The Drop Kick Murphys gig live from Boston was particularly enjoyable. and is still available to watch online here.

Another good one is from the OH YEAH Project in Belfast. They are running regular live streams featuring local Northern Irish artists. You can check that out here

Finally, It is not musical performances but I think it is worth a mention. The Irish dancer community has also got behind the idea, a group called Fusion Fighters have encouraged Irish dancers from all over the world to take part in a video project recording their performances for 1 large compilation video.
You can check all those videos out here.

I'm finding more like these all the time so I will try and get back to post some more soon.
G.
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Oct 2020 8:33 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Island of Ireland
The Belfast International Arts Festival

Belfast International Arts Festival returns for the 58th edition this October with a programme of inspirational events that seeks to respond creatively to the current pandemic. The 2020 edition will mostly be hosted online and takes place from Monday 12 October to Sunday 1 November.

Take a look at the schedule and upcoming events here

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 14 Oct 2020 12:47 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Atlantic Sessions - 2020

Atlantic Sessions will be showcasing Northern Ireland’s finest artists virtually this year, and you can be there! Watch or tune in each evening from 13 - 15 November at 7 pm (BST) to view the greatest talent performing at stunning coastal locations, plus feature interviews with venues and artists. For the programme and sessions, take a look here

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Nov 2020 4:56 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
Sound of Belfast 2020 - 6th - 12th of November 

This year's edition of Sound of Belfast will be online. The resulting programme has been designed to give you a flavour of how musically great and diverse Belfast is. Recorded live in many of the now-empty venues across the city and representing a range of genres and sounds. The programme also includes special online events, a spotlight on great projects and industry workshops and talks. 

Take a look at all of the available events here.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 18 Nov 2020 12:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
C.S. Lewis Festival - November 20th - 22nd

Born and bred in east Belfast, C. S. Lewis was one of the intellectual giants of the 20th century and arguably the most influential Christian writer of his day. His major contributions in literary criticism, children's literature, fantasy literature, and popular theology brought him international renown and acclaim.

The C.S. Lewis Festival celebrates the legacy of Lewis through themes of storytelling, imagination and spirituality with events including talks, lectures and tours, exhibitions, workshops, theatre, poetry and spoken word events and film screenings. 

Have a look at the At A Glance programme for 2020 and view all the events here.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 15 Dec 2020 1:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
OTHER VOICES PRESENTS: HOME AT THE GUINNESS STOREHOUSE

Other Voices is presenting their first ever Christmas Concert on the 16th of December, and you can be there! The show will be live on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook + RTE.ie from 8 pm GMT from the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. For more information, take a look at the official Other Voices website.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 18 Dec 2020 3:50 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Island of Ireland
A homage to the Winter Solstice

SOFFT Productions will be releasing a Solstice offering on the 21st December in the form of a live stream from St. Patrick's church and the hill of Tara at dawn, day and dusk. Sign up for their mailing list to receive a link. 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/18-12-2020/f35c4ffd-a2ff-49b3-b70c-a526.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Jan 2024 12:22 PM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)I'm into this (257 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 2 Bronze Achievements 12
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 22 Mar 2024 10:34 AM Visits: 269
Wonderful showcase of Irish music.