1st visit to Northern Ireland

1st visit to Northern Ireland

Author
Posted Sat 22 Aug 2020 2:21 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: 5 hours ago Visits: 2.4K
Hi June,

It's good to hear about your forthcoming trip to Northern Ireland next June.  Should you decide to explore some of the Causeway Coast when you are here, I would like to give you a few ideas about places that are a bit off the beaten track, away from the crowds with just the scenery and wildlife for company!

Whitepark Bay beach near Ballycastle is a beautiful, remote stretch of beach that is backed by a substantial sand dune system at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. It is part of the Causeway Coast Way, an off road path along cliff tops and beaches with stunning scenery at every turn.

Rathlin Island is the only inhabited island off the shores of the provence.  The month of June is a perfect time to visit as that is when the sea birds are there in abundance to nest and breed.  You can see puffins, guillemots, razorbills and fulmars at the nature reserve.  Rathlin is a great place to walk as there are very few cars there and the scenery is unspoilt and inspiring.  There is a regular ferry service from Ballycastle and the journey to the island takes less than half an hour.

The Binevenagh region has been designated as "An area of Outstanding Natural Beauty".  It is to the west of the Causeway Coast and would be easy to access from the Omagh area.  The scenery here is dramatic with high upland plateaus, cliffs, pristine dune systems and long golden, sandy beaches.  The Mussenden Temple in the Downhill Demesne is nearby.

I hope you have an enjoyable time planning your trip!
Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 24 Aug 2020 5:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)Community Expert (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 13
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Sun 7 Aug 2022 10:39 AM Visits: 689
Hi June, 

You are very welcome, As I said before I could talk about Northern Ireland till the cows come home. 

I am here if you need me, but should you get it all done without needing anything else. Have a wonderful trip and do please come back and tell me how it all goes for you.
G.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 25 Aug 2020 8:59 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
:):):):) I am on my way right now...thanks so much for the info

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 1 Sep 2020 10:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi June, 

We'd love to hear about your trip! 😊 How has your time on the island been so far? 

Warm regards, 

Melin