Author
Posted Wed 7 Jul 2021 3:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Forum Expert
Forum Expert (698 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 11
Group: Community Member Last Active: Wed 7 Jul 2021 3:06 PM Visits: 75
Hi all,
I am planning a travel to Irland along the WAW and further north with a campervan in August - September 2021. While we are going to be booking into camping parks where ever possible, there are some nights where we will be in locations where the next oficial camping / caravan park is too far away. I am specifically looking for advice regarding facilities to empty the chemical toilet in the area Glencolmbkille / Ardara / Lettermacaward. Information on overnight parking with electricity would be great as well.
Hopefully you can help me. Thanks already now!

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 8 Jul 2021 9:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)Community Expert (8.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Wed 6 Mar 2024 1:16 PM Visits: 9.4K
Hello Martina,

I am pleased to hear that you are planning a visit to our island! 😃

There are plenty of places throughout Ireland where it is possible to stop overnight with a motorhome, take a look at this link to an article on our website. There, you will find a link to Camping Ireland's web page, which has loads of information on sites available.

I'd also suggest downloading the camping Ireland Mobile App. In principle, wild camping is prohibited in Ireland for safety and insurance reasons. However, there are a few parks that provide a permit for wild camping within their borders, upon request. 
The closest park to all the places that you mentioned is the Glenveagh National Park. They are between 1 – 1.5 hours drive away.

Please also check out our wild-camping and stopover map and this community thread.

Enjoy your trip and let me know if you have any more questions! 🤗

Kind regards
Zoey ☘️