Please help! New and changing COVID rules have left me utterly confused

Please help! New and changing COVID rules have left me utterly...

Author
Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 4:08 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 13 Dec 2021 8:38 PM Visits: 236
Please, do you know if the new regulation applies to people making a connection in Dublin? I have a vaccinated Spaniard friend (resident in US) flying to Spain and making a connection in Dublin. We don´t know if he needs to fill out the locator form for Ireland and to take the Covid test for the connection in Dublin (no test is required to Spain when you´re vaccinated).

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 10 Dec 2021 10:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)Community Expert (4.7K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 20
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 11:57 AM Visits: 11.2K
Good morning, Blanca,

Thank you for joining our forum!

As the situation is constantly evolving, the best thing to do is probably to check with your airline for the latest travel advice. 

Also, on the Dublin Airport website, they suggest contacting the Irish Government’s Border Management Unit (BMU) by email on BMU@justice.ie to find out what specific entry requirements and restrictions apply to you.

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,

Valentina
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 13 Dec 2021 8:38 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 5
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 13 Dec 2021 8:38 PM Visits: 236
Thank you very much for your quick response! My friend emailed  BMU@justice.ie and they replied asking him to check gov.ie/travel that we had already previoulsy checked.
Finally, the airlines clarified through Sherpa website that Covid test (antigen or PCR) is currently required even for connections in Ireland. 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 14 Dec 2021 11:36 AM
View Quick Profile
COMMUNITY EXPERT
COMMUNITY EXPERT (776 reputation)
Gold Achievements 2 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 12
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 29 Sep 2022 6:05 PM Visits: 1.4K
Hello Blanca,

Thank you for your reply.

This is very useful information. I'm sure many more travelers will have the same doubt in the following days, so thank you for sharing this with all of the community.

Wishing you safe travels,

David