Proof of recovery

Proof of recovery

Author
Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 4:15 AM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 11 Jan 2022 2:41 PM Visits: 56
Can anyone tell me what qualifies as “proof of recovery in past 6 months” to enter bars/restaurants. I know, if you are an Irish citizen, you must request a recovery certificate. What is required for US travelers?
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 9:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Carrie,

Thanks for the question, these things can get quite tricky to work out!

The proof of recovery is the same as that used when entering the Republic of Ireland. This is a record or evidence in written or electronic form in English or Irish or an official translation into Irish or English that you have had Covid 19 in the last 180 days. The required details are listed on the government's website. This must be requested from your official licensed healthcare provider or a public health official before travel.

This information can then be entered on the passenger locator form which all passengers need to fill in within 72 hours before arrival.

Please check the official website links through our traveler health page as updates are occurring regularly regarding what is required.

I hope this helps, have you already plans in place to come and see us?

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 3:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Ok thank you. We do have printed copies of a recent positive covid test. So that needs to be taken to our doctor and they will know what to provide? Is there a form we need to print out and take to them to fill out and sign?
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 5:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello Carrie,

Thank you for staying in contact with us!

One option that might make receiving certification a little more straightforward may be to use the EU Digital COVID Certificate. As explained in this article, the EU Digital COVID Certificate is a form of documentation that is accepted within the Republic of Ireland as a way to prove vaccination or recovery status. 

All you need to do is apply for the certificate online and an official form will either be emailed or posted to you. This will then need to be filled out according to any included instructions. 

I do hope this helps!

Warmly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 5:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
I am having so much trouble with this, thank you for your suggestions. In order to apply for the certificate I need *Personal Public Service (PPS) Number, which I don't have since I am a US citizen. I am searching for a form to have my doctor fill out that will be accepted by Irish authorities. 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 6 Jan 2022 6:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Is this the recover certificate request you are referring to?
Attachments
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 9:47 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Carrie,

Apologies for any confusion here.

The form Rochelle mentioned is the one for EU citizens. You will need to contact your doctor or physician for advice on receiving a USA recovery form. I am sure they will have been asked for this sort of information before and would be best placed to help in this case.

The CDC has a page on the information required to return to the US, it mentions the information it needs you to fill in on the Attestation form as being provided by a licensed healthcare provider or public health official.

The information you will need is listed on the Republic of Ireland government page but I will list it here.

Name
Date of birth
Disease from which holder has recovered
Date of holder’s first positive NAAT test result
Member State or third country in which test was carried out
Certificate issuer
Dates the certificate is valid from and valid until (not more than 180 days after the date of the first positive NAAT test result)

The passenger locator form asks for the date of the positive result as well during the filling-in process which you can get from your printed copies.

Hopefully, this will help, sorry for the extra confusion before.

Regards,

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 3:14 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Thank you, Martin. The US rule is that you must have recovered within past 90 days and it will have been more than that so we will still need to test to return and have already purchased our tests for that. 

We are more interested in being able to travel freely through Ireland and enter establishments that require proof of recover in past 180 days. We do have proof of recovery, accompanied by a doctors letter. I am just trying to figure out where that information needs to be entered/uploaded. 

Thank you for providing the following information. Are we required to enter this information before travel or just on the passenger locator form? Will this provide us with a certificate of recovery to enter establisments?
Name
Date of birth
Disease from which holder has recovered
Date of holder’s first positive NAAT test result
Member State or third country in which test was carried out
Certificate issuerDates the certificate is valid from and valid until (not more than 180 days after the date of the first positive NAAT test result)

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. I have been searching on several government and other websites and cannot find a solid answer. We just want to be fully prepared before we travel. Our children are under 18 so I believe they do not need a certificate of recovery.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 3:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
I clicked on the passenger locator form and I do see a box to check that you have recovered from covid but it does not ask to upload any documentation. Again, once we arrive in Ireland we want to be sure we have the correct documentation to enter bars/restaurants and the passenger locator form does not seem to provide that. Can you guide me on who I should contact to find that information?
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 5:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)Community Member (12.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 17
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Feb 2023 3:15 PM Visits: 1.1K
Hi Carrie,

Thank you for getting back to us. Apologies if we didn't fully understand your question about being able to enter hospitality establishments once you are travelling around the Emerald Isle. I hope I can give you a clear and definite answer on this, so you can relax and look forward to your upcoming holidays to our green island! 

In lieu of a European Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) you will need to carry the required proof of immunity with you to show at the places you would like to enter. Furthermore - you need to have photo identification with you to show that the proof of vaccination or recovery belongs to you. As you do have proof of recovery, accompanied by a doctors letter, this will suffice.

To clarify - this article states the following:

"If you do not have a DCC or HSE vaccination record (because you are visiting Ireland from another country for example), you can use an official vaccination record issued by the country where you were vaccinated or tested for COVID-19."

I hope this is helpful. Should you have any further questions, please do let us know. It is no trouble at all to answer your valid questions. They are also useful for our other Community forum members, so I want to thank you very much for sharing your concerns and increasing our understanding.

With kind regards and wishing you a wonderful holiday,

Vera