Proof of recovery

Proof of recovery

Author
Posted Sat 8 Jan 2022 7:42 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to stop back in to say that this is the reason that I adore our community! 💚

Answers to these questions are so important and I love that when one of us, even myself, may not have all of the answers, others in our community can pitch in to find solutions and information. While I'm sorry that I led you a bit astray, Carrie, I'm glad that this community had both of our backs and was able to provide such helpful resources. I've certainly learned from this thread and will use that to help others in the future.

Thank you to everyone who joined in to help!

Warmly,
Rochelle
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 8 Jan 2022 8:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 11 Jan 2022 2:41 PM Visits: 56
After many hours of research, time spent on hold and chatting with agents via EU Digital COVID Certificate Self Service Portal, here is the best answer I can find...

The EU Digital COVID certificate is only available to EU residents/citizens who have recovered from COVID in the past 180 days. 

As a US citizen traveling to Ireland, what we need to provide in lieu of a vaccination record is proof of recovery in the past 180 days. We have to present a positive covid test, accompanied by a doctor's letter stating recovery and clear to travel. 

I reached out to several restaurants/pubs all around Ireland and asked if they will accept those forms and the general consensus is YES. 

This proof of recovery will also allow entry into the country in lieu of a negative covid test within 72 hours of travel but we will do that anyway just to avoid any grey areas.

My family lives in NI and their rules are much stricter and a quarantine is required upon arrival. Therefore, we are renting a house in the republic and they will come visit us!

Thanks for all your help!
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 10 Jan 2022 10:07 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
It's great to hear that you have sorted out the complicated process we have in place! Many thanks for the information, we are sure it will be helpful for others too!

You can finally focus on meeting up with your family, please feel free to share any of your plans on what you will see and do during your stay here on the island of Ireland, we are sure catching up with the folks will play a huge part.

Best wishes,
Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 10 Jan 2022 3:56 PM
View Quick Profile
Gaining Respect
Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)Gaining Respect (181 reputation)
Gold Achievements 1 Silver Achievements 1 Bronze Achievements 7
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 11 Jan 2022 2:41 PM Visits: 56
Thanks, Martin!

Our first stop is Killybegs. We have rented a house and will spend 3 days with my family there. We will visit the Slieve Cliffs and probably Nancy's in Ardara. Any other recommendations?

From there, we will head to Westport. My husband and daughter will hike to Croagh Patrick. Any suggestions for my teenage son and I while they do that?

The rest of the trip is up in the air. We will have 3 more nights and are open to suggestions. We want to take the road less traveled but also want to find things that will interest our teenagers.

I would like to tour Smithwicks if they are open.

I am a photographer and will be traveling with my camera so I am also looking for any venues who may be interested in a trade for photographs! https://gallery.dalymoments.com/retailhospitality/

You can follow our adventures on my Instagram page, if you'd like! https://instagram.com/dalymomentsabroad

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 11 Jan 2022 10:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)Community Expert (70.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Killybegs is a great base to start your time with us. As well as Slieve League, Malin Beg, a small bay well worth the time to find it, and Glenveagh National Park would be lovely additions to your itinerary in County Donegal. I could go on but you only have 3 days in the area! 😉

Westport itself is a lovely town to visit. There would be walking tours of the town, the Great Western Greenway, and nearby beaches of Clew Bay and Achill Island to see and photograph. Keem Bay is a particular Instagram hit for many!

Galway is always a bit of a favourite with everyone and if you wish to take a different route then Athlone has some interesting things to see for all ages.

The Smithwicks Experience will indeed be back open again this year so definitely add it to the list.

Hopefully, this helps, please feel free to let us know when you are here and link us back to your photos, we would love to see them! 📷

Warm regards,
Martin