I’m not in Dublin for long and I’d like to do some shopping! Where’s best for something different?

I’m not in Dublin for long and I’d like to do some shopping! Where’s...

Author
Posted Tue 23 Aug 2016 5:02 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
The beauty of Dublin’s shopping scene lies in its unique blend of vintage and contemporary styles. Take a risk, wander off the main promenades and tumble down the rabbit hole of Dublin’s shopping experience.

Winding down a little slipway just off Grafton Street is the Westbury Mall, where upmarket boutique shopping, luxury Irish design and home decor go hand-in-hand. Follow your nose to the highlight: the beautiful Parfumarija, where you’ll find rare, exclusive scents crafted by some of the world’s top perfumers.

Nearby is the bustling Creative Quarter, stretching between George’s Street and South William Street. This area showcases some of the very best of Ireland’s creativity and artisanal produce – sample some for yourself at Cocoa Atelier, purveyors of delicious, handmade chocolate treats.

A short stroll west leads you to George’s Street Arcade: Ireland’s first purpose-built shopping centre and still a time capsule of stunning Victorian architecture. Within the redbrick walls, resident artists sketch at their stalls, and charming niche stores sell unique clothes and locally sourced sculpture and crafts. Explore the arcade at your leisure, but make sure you get a freshly brewed coffee and Dublin’s best cinnamon roll at Simon’s Place before you leave!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/23-08-2016/223d9a26-1462-4a42-8cfc-fc1a.jpg

To the north is Temple Bar, the home of vintage shopping. Drop into Find on Cow’s Lane to pick up a special little gift for someone at home; or head to Siopaella for designer resale pieces. If you’re looking for made-on-the-premises Irish goods, visit Lucy’s Lounge. This vintage wonderland has gorgeous pieces created by its team of designers, who upcycle donated clothing on-site.

Finally, hit up the Saturday staples of the Temple Bar Market and Cow’s Lane Market for handmade jewellery and crafts you won’t see anywhere else. Whether seeking souvenirs for yourself or a special someone, you’re sure to find a favourite in Dublin!