I love Game of Thrones®! I know it's filmed in Northern Ireland – what locations can I see?

I love Game of Thrones®! I know it's filmed in Northern Ireland – what...

Author
Posted Tue 11 Jul 2017 10:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
There are plenty of filming locations to explore in Northern Ireland if, like us, you're a huge Game of Thrones® fan. One of the most popular destinations is Castle Ward, home of House Stark. Here, you can shoot arrows and dine on medieval banquets, like a true Winterfell native.

The Dark Hedges are simply a must-see for Game of Thrones® lovers – this is the filming location for the Kingsroad, where Arya Stark escaped after her father’s death. Since you won’t be fleeing for your life like Arya was, take your time walking amongst these beautiful beech trees, planted nearly two centuries ago.

Head towards the coast to Ballintoy Harbour to visit House Greyjoy territory. In our world, the harbour is home to modern boats and local fisherman, but in Westeros this is Pyke, the home of the Ironborn.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/11-07-2017/1b70a4ee-bfad-4d7b-808c-f766.jpg

If you dare to venture east along the coast, you will come to the Cushendun Caves, the dreaded place where Melisandre gave birth to the shadow demon that assassinated Renly Baratheon. Venture westward and you'll find yourself at Portstewart Strand – this pristine stretch of sands is where Melisandre proclaimed Stannis Baratheon the champion of the Lord of Light.

If you call the Mother of Dragons your queen, then you might take interest in Binevenagh Mountain. This is where Daenerys hid with her dragon Drogon after he rescued her from the attack in the fighting pits of Meereen. Or, rewind a few seasons and check out the Shillanavogy Valley, the Dothraki land where a young Daenerys travelled with her new husband, Khal Drogo.

If you want to immerse yourself in Westeros, then check out this Game of Thrones® trip idea! And remember to trad carefully – the night is dark, and full of terrors!