What can we do in Belfast with kids?

What can we do in Belfast with kids?

Author
Posted Tue 12 Jan 2016 4:25 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:17 PM Visits: 22K
We will be travelling to Belfast with our children - what's there to do?
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 12 Jan 2016 4:30 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)Community Expert (65.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Yesterday @ 3:17 PM Visits: 22K
Any family trip to Belfast should include a trip to the Zoo! It is located on the slope of Cavehill overlooking the city and is often praised for its tranquil environment for guests and the animals. They often hold events for preservation and education and have some great photography competition every year, that is open for participation!
If you want to come face to face with dinosaurs or mummies, than a trip to the Ulster Museum is the place for you. The museum is home to a rich collection of art, history and natural sciences and free for all visitors.
W5 at the SSE Arena is a science and discovery centre, so visitors of all ages can let their imagination go free, with more than 250 interactive exhibits.
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 5 Feb 2016 4:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)Industry Member (25K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 20
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 11:55 AM Visits: 1.7K
Hi Christoph, 

There are lots of attractions for families in Belfast including:

Belfast Zoological Gardens is home to more than 140 species of animal, many of which are in danger in their natural habitat. The zoo also carries out important conservation work and takes part in over 90 European and global collaborative breeding programmes which help to ensure the survival of many species under threat.  www.belfastzoo.co.uk.

Dundonald International Ice Bowl - With an Olympic size ice rink, 30-lane ten pin bowling alley and indoor adventure play world, Indiana land.  www.theicebowl.com

Aunt Sandra’s Candy Factory - A visit to Aunt Sandra's Candy Factory is like taking a trip back in time where visitors can look in on the whole production process and see how chocolates and fudge are made, most of which can be sampled as it's produced. www.auntsandras.com

Ulster Folk and Transport Museum – Close to Belfast. Step back in time in and uncover a way of life from 100 years ago. Discover cottages, farms, schools and shops as you wander through the beautiful parkland of the Folk Museum chatting to costumed visitor guides demonstrating traditional crafts. Climb on and off majestic steam locomotives or experience the sensation of flight in the Transport Museum bursting with horse drawn carriages, electric trams, motorbikes, fire-engines and vintage cars. http://nmni.com/

The Ulster Museum is home to a rich collection of art, history and natural sciences and free to all visitors. The museum is open Tuesday – Sunday from 10.00 – 17.00. http://www.nmni.com/home.aspx.

W5 is an Interactive Discovery Centre and is Ireland's award-winning science and discovery centre at the Odyssey. With over 250 amazing interactive exhibits in four incredible exhibition areas, W5 provides a unique experience as well as fantastic fun for visitors of all ages. In addition to permanent exhibits, W5 also presents a changing programme of large and small scale temporary exhibitions and events. http://www.w5online.co.uk/

Titanic Belfast The Titanic Belfast visitor attraction features 9 galleries, depicting the Titanic story from life in Belfast at the time through the building, voyage and sinking right up to the discovery of the wreck and myths and legends surrounding the disaster. www.titanicbelfast.com

Nomadic Belfast is the last remaining White Star Line ship in the world and was a tender to the Titanic.  This unique attraction enables the visitor to experience 100 years of maritime and social history.  www.nomadicbelfast.com

T13 - Uncover a world of BMX,skateboarding, kick scooter, break dancing, urban art and DJing in the T13Urban Sports Park opposite Titanic Belfast. www.t13.tv

It is possible to take a hop-on hop-off tour of Belfast which would give your family a general overview of the city.

The Belfast Children's Festival will be taking place in Belfast between 4-9 March. www.youngatart.co.uk/festival.

Visit Belfast Welcome Centre, stocks a range of brochures/ leaflets relating to Belfast and Northern Ireland tours and attractions.  We also have interactive screens containing a wealth of information and we sell tickets for many local tours and attractions.  Please call in and see us during your stay in Belfast and we would be happy to provide further advice and suggestions of what to do in Belfast and Northern Ireland.

We hope you enjoy your visit to Belfast.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Aug 2019 10:17 AM
View Quick Profile
I'm into this
I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)I'm into this (301 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 10
India
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 5 Oct 2021 7:42 PM Visits: 131
A trip to Belfast offers you a chance to experience a Titanic city full of surprises. Here’s a list of best places to visit here:
•Titanic: Explore the shipyard, walk the decks and travel to the depth of the ocean and know about the legend of Titanic in the city where the story began.
•Take the city sightseeing hop on Hop off the tour
•Visit the zoo
•Ulster museum
•Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
•Aunt Sandra’s Candy Factory
•Streamvale Open Farm
•HMS Caroline
•Cave Hill Country Park
•Belfast Castle Visitors Centre
•Barnett Demesne
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 23 Aug 2019 5:33 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Joan!

Thanks a million for the tips you've been sharing across the Community.
Please do not also hesitate to create your thread to share all your knowledge with everyone. 😃