This forum has posts in multiple languages.

Translate everything to English

Close
Translate

Automated translation is being used to translate posts & replies into your language and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.

Irish weather

Irish weather

Author
Esteemed User
Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)
Boston, Massachusetts
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 24 May 2016 4:34 PM Visits: 42
Most of us know that Ireland is famous for its rainy weather. But I'm wondering if I could get some more details on it - such as - when is the wettest season or month(s), how warm does it get in the summer, does the rain usually last all day/all week, etc. More info would be great! I'm currently planning a trip to the Emerald Isle sometime in the summer. Thanks in advance! :)
Posted Fri 25 Mar 2016 1:49 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being
Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)Supreme Being (15.4K reputation)
Great Britain
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 17 Jan 2019 2:27 PM Visits: 724
It is true that Ireland owes its 40 shades of green to the rainy weather Elena. :) You don't have to worry though, because the showers usually don't last very long, and before you know it you're enjoying the sunshine again. Our climate is very mild, especially in the summer months when it's dryer and warmer. How warm it gets depends on the month, but it also depends on where in Ireland you are. The southern counties generally enjoy higher temperatures than the north. On the Met Éireann website you can see the average temperatures and rainfall per month, as well as the current weather forecast. More useful weather tips can be found in this other Community thread: Summer season in Ireland, and with this handy checklist you'll know exactly what to pack for your visit. :cool:

If you have any questions about your upcoming trip, feel free to get in touch again! 

Posted Fri 25 Mar 2016 2:36 PM
Question
View Quick Profile
Esteemed User
Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)Esteemed User (2.3K reputation)
Boston, Massachusetts
Group: Community Member Last Active: Tue 24 May 2016 4:34 PM Visits: 42
Thanks for the info, Melin! I will definitely contact you again if I have any more questions :)
Posted Fri 25 Mar 2016 4:21 PM
Question