Festival Dates for 2018

Festival Dates for 2018

Author
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 12:50 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I have several questions: 
Does anyone know the dates of the 2018 Galway International Oyster Festival?
Also the 2018 Dingle Food fest?  
I think the Oyster Festival is usually the last full week end in September and the Dingle fest is the first weekend in October. 
Does this sound correct?   Is it feasible to attend both?  If we had one day at each festival, any tips on which event we should attend?  Finally, if you had to choose which festival to attend which one would it be?
We are planning trips around these dates but not sure if distance, travel and time would be enough. 
Thanks for any input.  After I receive information regarding the festival dates, I will have much more to ask after reading some of these posts.
Kerry

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 7 Aug 2017 10:27 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Kerry,

Lots of great questions!  

I don't believe that the Galway International Oyster Festival has yet announced their 2018 dates.  I've had a little look and haven't been able to locate any just yet.  The dates for this year are 22nd - 24th September, so that may help give some sort of indication.  It may be helpful to reach out to them directly for better insight as to when they expect 2018 dates to be announced.  The same also applies to the Dingle Food Fest.

I don't believe that they ever overlap in regards to dates, so I would be inclined to say yes that it would be feasible to attend both.  I haven't attended either of these festivals myself, but have read some great things about both.  I am sure that some of our other members will have had the opportunity to visit either of these festivals and will also be able to offer up some suggestions for you.

I am sure that once 2018 dates have been confirmed, it will make planning around the festivals much easier.  Have you had a think about where else throughout the island you are keen on visiting during your trip?

Best,

Colin