Fletcher Family

Fletcher Family

Author
Posted Thu 7 Sep 2017 7:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Noel

I had a quick look at civil birth records on the free to use Irish Genealogy website at http://www.irishgenealogy.ie  and with the information you hold you can locate the births of the following children to Hugh Croal Fletcher, book binder and Harriett Hawers Cooper:

Born: 23 May 1875, Kathleen Harriett Fletcher at 15 North Cumberland Street, Dublin
Born: 8 September 1877, Hannah Gordon Fletcher at 15 North Cumberland Street, Dublin
Born: 7 September 1880, William Stewart Fletcher at 79 Lower Gloucester Street, Dublin
Born: 15 January 1882, Jesse Wilhelmina Fletcher at 79 Lower Gloucester Street, Dublin
Born: 30 September 1885, Eveline Maud Fletcher at 3 Christ Church Place, Dublin

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 8 Sep 2017 7:21 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Brian,
Absolutely fantastic information. Many thanks to you for providing me with information which I did not have.
Obviously, I have the bit between my teeth now, so am going to try to discover relatives/husbands of my Grandfather's siblings. My Grandfather moved to Liverpool sometime after  1914  up until he married my Nan in Sept 1920.
I will also keep looking for his siblings date and places of death and marriage.
Cheers
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 8 Sep 2017 8:39 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Noel

Marriage of Kathleen Harriett Fletcher, then residing at 1 Killarney Street, Dublin is also recorded in 'civil records' at http://www.irishgenealogy.ie 

Kathleen Harriett Fletcher married Walter Henry Fisher on 8 April 1902 at St. Thomas Parish Church (Church of Ireland), Dublin.

The beauty about http://www.irishgenealogy.ie, not only is it free to use, but you can also view, download and/or print, a scanned image of the actual civil marriage entry of Kathleen Harriett Fletcher.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Sep 2017 7:32 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Brian,
just a note to say thank you for your help regarding the Fletcher family in Dublin. I have managed to get birth records of my grandfather and his 4 sisters, plus death records of his parents. The only frustrating thing for me now, is apart from Kathleen Harriett Fletcher's marriage details (her husband, Walter Henry Fisher) died 6 years after the marriage. No idea if they had children), I can't find any marriage details of Kathleens other 3 sisters. I am guessing that maybe they left Dublin!
I will keep plodding along.
Cheers
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Sep 2017 3:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi folks,

Truly impressive research work going on here - way to go, both Noel and Brian!  This is tremendously exciting.  Be sure to keep us in the loop, Noel.  It would be fantastic to hear how your findings all come together.  

Again, thanks for sharing all the details you've managed to discover so far.

All the very best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 11 Sep 2017 4:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Will do Colin. Thanks for the encouragement.
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 13 Sep 2017 5:38 PM
View Quick Profile

My grandfather (William Stewart Fletcher, born 7 Sept 1880 is listed on the 1911 Census in Dublin. However, even though his mother and siblings appear on the 1901 Census, he doesn't!
I am at a loss as to why.

Any suggestions
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Sep 2017 1:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
That's very interesting, Noel.

To my knowledge, the Census is a snapshot of who is where on a particular night when the Census is taken. Could he have been staying or visiting somewhere else at the time?

I would suggest trying all counties in Ireland, but he may also have been out of the country at the time. Have you tried any Military records?

Let's hope Brian can use his legendary skills to find the answer.

Keep us updated, we would love to hear what he was up to at that time.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Sep 2017 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Thanks Martin.
My grandfather would have been 20 in the April of 1901 (normal date of a Census). I haven't considered military service so I will see what I can find out. Thanks to your help and Brian's help, I have made some inroads into the Fletcher family. I noted that on the 1911 Census, it showed that my Grandfather's mother had 6 children but only 4 were alive. I have found the name and DOB of one of the dead children, but not the other yet!
I may be queit on this page after tomorrow for one week as I will be away.
Cheers,
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Sep 2017 8:01 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
No problem, Noel.

Enjoy your time away and let us know how things are progressing after you have returned.

Regards

Martin