Fletcher Family

Fletcher Family

Author
Posted Fri 15 Sep 2017 7:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thanks Martin. Will do.
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 16 Sep 2017 7:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)Industry Member (39.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Noel

Continue to search that 'irishgenealogy.ie' goldmine as it records three births of children to Walter Henry Fisher and Kathleen Harriett Fletcher in Dublin city, namely:

Kathleen Fisher, born 10 January 1903 at 30 Upper Rutland Street
William Fisher, born 2 December 1904 
Walter Henry Fisher, born 9 September 1906 at 22 Charles Street

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 24 Sep 2017 5:08 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thanks Brian,
now back from a holiday in the sun and raring to try and discover more on the Fletcher family which has now increased to include the Fisher family and the Guest family.
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 25 Sep 2017 3:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi, Noel.

Welcome back - I hope you had a lovely holiday!  Glad to see you're back in search mode after your nice holiday in the beautiful sunshine.

It looks as though your search is widening - hopefully leading you to some interesting results.  Thanks as always for keeping us all up to date.

Best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 30 Sep 2017 4:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Reference the Fletcher Family.
My maternal Grandfather's (William Stewart Fletcher)mother was called Harriett Hawers Cooper (she married Hugh Croal Fletcher). Her father was a Rev Wm Hawers Cooper.
Am I correct in thinking that The name Hawers Cooper is a double barrelled name?
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 2 Oct 2017 10:46 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello, Noel.

Glad to see that the research is on-going!  It could well be that indeed, Hawers Cooper is a double-barrelled name,  Although, it's not a common one that I have heard of before.  Have you made any other discoveries recently?

Thanks again for continuing to keep us updated on your findings!

All the best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 2 Oct 2017 1:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Colin,
thanks for your response and I think you are correct regarding the double barreled name which, I presume, may well be the name of my Grandfather's mother's mother.
The 1911 Census revealed that my Grandfather's parents had had 6 children but only 4 were alive. With the help of my friends on this site, I have managed to discover the name of one of the two children who had died at an early age. Unfortuantely I have been unable to track the other remaining child although the child may be called Jo Fletcher. Still working on that one.
Cheers
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 3 Oct 2017 9:49 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello, Noel.

A very interesting find.  It's amazing what can be achieved by carrying out such research.  Hopefully, results from your latest findings come to light.  A lot of progress appears to have been made over the course of your research and it's always very exciting to hear from you with updates.

Very eager to hear more soon!

All the best,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 19 Oct 2017 9:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Just a note to say that I have not given up on finding out more about the Fletcher family, however, due to an up and coming long vacation followed by Christmas, I doubt if I will get much research done. Once the new year arrives, I will be back on the trail. In the meantime, if anybody does find any info regarding the Fletcher family, please feel free to let me know.
Noel

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 19 Oct 2017 4:28 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Noel,

Glad to hear that you haven't given up on your great search!  

I hope you have a great vacation and have a lovely time over the festive period, it's certainly a busy time of the year!  Looking forward to hearing more about your search once you're back with us and let's see if anything new comes to light.

Have a good one,

Colin