Special Needs In Ireland

Special Needs In Ireland

Author
Posted Fri 13 Oct 2017 4:20 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My wife and I are planning a trip to Ireland but one item seems to be missing from all web-sites so far. My wife has some mobility issues and the web-sites handle everything except the following: When she uses a restroom she needs assistance and obviously prefers my assistance. We have been unable to find out if there are any family restrooms in any public areas for her to use where I can go in and assist her. Perhaps they have a different name than family? Unisex? ?
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 14 Oct 2017 3:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hello, Mark

There has been a lot of improvements over the years regarding Accessibility throughout the island of Ireland. We have an excellent article on Accessibility which carries lots of useful information, please take a look and see if any of the links help answer your questions.

The majority of public places and venues that have toilet facilities have a wheelchair accessible toilet. These would be for use of everybody so wouldn,t be gender specific and therefore you would be able to assist your wife without issue.

Have you any plans so far on where on the island of Ireland you would like to see?

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 14 Oct 2017 5:40 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
No we haven't gone that far with our plans because we were worried about that issue. So the next thing we need to know is what is the best time of the year to visit. We have free air fare anytime next year, so we can arrange our trip anytime. 
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 15 Oct 2017 10:41 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
My favorite time here would be May/June. The days are getting longer and the temperature is warming up nicely. It is still relatively quiet so you will be able to get about and see everything without to much trouble.

My other favorite would be September, still warm and even though the days are getting shorter, still enough time to be out and about before spending a cozy night in beside an open fire.

What would be your favorite things to see and do during your time on the island of Ireland?

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 15 Oct 2017 11:34 AM
View Quick Profile
Thanks for the help. We are now in full where to go and what to do mode. 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Oct 2017 12:08 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi, Mark.

That's my favourite 'mode' - it gets the creativity flowing and it's the most exciting part.

Have you had the chance to take a look at some of our very own trip ideas?  There is quite a lot of ready-made itineraries, which could be very helpful in providing you exactly what you need, along with some great inspiration.

Many of the itineraries also provide suggestions on what you could get up to throughout your travels.  A great recommendation that I have is getting a map, or printing off one from our downloadable section and mapping out your route, then checking out our attractions and activities section and searching for things to get up to depending on where you will be stopping by - many visitors do exactly this.  It provides visual guidance, which can be useful.

I am also sure that some of our other members may also have some specific suggestions to share with you to help that little bit more with your plans.

Be sure to keep us all posted - we love seeing great plans come together.

Speak soon,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 21 Nov 2017 12:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Mark,

How is the planning going? Have you decided on when you will be coming over?

Remember that our Community is there if you need more information to help you plan this trip.
Colin has already provided such great information, and I am sure he and other members have more to share with you!

I am looking forward to hearing more about your plan.

Elodie