You have chosen a wonderful time to travel to Dublin. The city is a beautiful place around Christmas time, all lit up and full of cheer!
There is so much to do Dublin, especially over Christmas. It's hard to know where to begin!
There is a Christmas Market just outside Stephens Green, this is a great thing to go to as the city is lit up with Christmas lights and Grafton street in consumed in Christmas spirit! This little market has delicious food and the most delightful hot chocolate! Reall worth the visit and it's totally family friendly, all ages can enjoy it. Just wrap up warm as it is outside!
When walking the streets of Dublin city, it would be a shame not to take advantage of some of the beautiful shops and stores which are around the city. Dublin is hailed the best place in Ireland to shop. Not to mention Dublin stores really do put up a spectacular display of interactive Christmas decoration which is not to be missed, especially those along Grafton Street, O'Connell Street and Henery Street all just a short stroll away from one another.
The National Botanic Gardens
, Dublin: Ideally located just 3 kilometres from Dublin City centre
, the National Botanic Gardens are an oasis of calm and beauty, and serenity.
There is a lot of free entry attractions in Dublin that are not to be missed such as:
- GPO (General Post Office) History museum on all events surrounding the 1916 rising.
- National Gallery Museum, full of some specular Art.
- War Memorial Gardens for the history buffs
- Phoenix Park - the largest park in Europe. If you are lucky you might spot some of friendly Deer, maybe even Rudolf!!
Some of the must dee paid entry attractions in Dublin are:
- Dublin Zoo: From Adult €17.50 / Child €13.00 - For animal lovers.
- Guinness Storehouse: From Adult €14.00 - Where you can pour the perfect pint of the black stuff!
- The Little Museum of Dublin: From Adult €8.00 - “Dublin’s best museum experience” by The Irish Times.
- St Patrick's Cathedral: From Adult €6.50 - For anyone who appreciates architecture.
We hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland.
We look forward to hearing how it goes.
The Team at Car Rental Ireland