New Years 2018

New Years 2018

Author
Posted Tue 17 Oct 2017 1:18 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am planning to visit Dublin with my family. I am looking for recommendations for restaurants/ events/ things to do for New Years. We will be there from December 30th- January 3rd.

Thank you,

Cindy - Vancouver, Canada
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Oct 2017 10:09 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
It might seem like a silly answer but I would always go back to Dublin Zoo and Dublinia Viking Museum-they were both brilliant places! But then I go to the zoo no matter where I go! 

http://www.dublinia.ie/
https://www.dublinzoo.ie/

For coffee popping into Grafton Street's Bewley's is a must-lovely old fashioned cafe.

I would pop into St Stephen's Green for a wee stroll-an absolute must for me. Merrion Square round the corner has the lovely Oscar Wilde statue if you like seeing famous statues.

If you have time I loved the Viking Splash tour we took-old army vehicle that can go on the canal as well as land-goes past U2's recording studio. All of these are great fun with kids (there's a nice big play area in St Stephen's Green even).

The other must if I was there and had time is the National Museum of Ireland even to just see some of the more famous displays like the Tara brooch and lovely high crosses. Admission is free.

https://www.museum.ie/Home

Hope you go some ideas from that!

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Oct 2017 10:12 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello, Cindy.

It's a pleasure to have you here on the Community with us all.

Dublin is a really fantastic place to spend bringing in the New Year!  A particular recommendation that I would like to share is the New Year's Festival which takes place across three separate days and is always a great way to enter into the new year, and always has a fantastic atmosphere.  

Furthermore, there is another discussion in regards to NYE throughout Ireland, which may also offer up some additional ideas for you to consider.

Lastly, I have also put together a personal scrapbook, which contains direct links to our attractions and activities section, as well as our restaurants, pubs and cafes section.  This could prove useful to you.

I also want to take the time to thank Lorraine for sharing some amazing suggestions too!

Will this be your first time visiting the Emerald Isle?

Speak soon,

Colin

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Oct 2017 10:36 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Cindy,

We are 1 of the few B & B's opened over the New Year so feel free to contact me if you wish to book accommodation.

Regards

Bernie Ryan
Botanic View B & B
3 Iona Road,
Dublin 9
inifo@botanicview.com
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Oct 2017 2:38 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello Cindy, 

You have chosen a wonderful time to travel to Dublin. The city is a beautiful place around Christmas time, all lit up and full of cheer!

There is so much to do Dublin, especially over Christmas. It's hard to know where to begin!

There is a Christmas Market just outside Stephens Green, this is a great thing to go to as the city is lit up with Christmas lights and Grafton street in consumed in Christmas spirit! This little market has delicious food and the most delightful hot chocolate! Reall worth the visit and it's totally family friendly, all ages can enjoy it. Just wrap up warm as it is outside!

When walking the streets of Dublin city, it would be a shame not to take advantage of some of the beautiful shops and stores which are around the city. Dublin is hailed the best place in Ireland to shop. Not to mention Dublin stores really do put up a spectacular display of interactive Christmas decoration which is not to be missed, especially those along Grafton Street, O'Connell Street and Henery Street all just a short stroll away from one another. 

The National Botanic Gardens, Dublin: Ideally located just 3 kilometres from Dublin City centre, the National Botanic Gardens are an oasis of calm and beauty, and serenity.

There is a lot of free entry attractions in Dublin that are not to be missed such as:
- GPO (General Post Office) History museum on all events surrounding the 1916 rising.
- National Gallery Museum, full of some specular Art.
- War Memorial Gardens for the history buffs
- Phoenix Park - the largest park in Europe. If you are lucky you might spot some of friendly Deer, maybe even Rudolf!!

Some of the must dee paid entry attractions in Dublin are:
- Dublin Zoo: From Adult €17.50 / Child €13.00 - For animal lovers.
- Guinness Storehouse: From Adult €14.00 - Where you can pour the perfect pint of the black stuff!
- The Little Museum of Dublin: From Adult €8.00 - “Dublin’s best museum experience” by The Irish Times.
- St Patrick's Cathedral: From Adult €6.50 - For anyone who appreciates architecture. 

We hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland.

We look forward to hearing how it goes. 

Best Wishes, 

The Team at Car Rental Ireland

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Dec 2017 3:17 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Cindy,

How are you?

I wanted to check with you if you had all the information you needed before your trip?

Hope you are looking for the celebration in Dublin, the Liffey Lights Midnight Moment is expecting to be a great show!
Make sure to check if you need to pre-book a ticket for the events you are looking to join. Some free events do require a ticket.

Let us know how it goes!

Elodie
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 13 Dec 2017 5:53 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi all!!

Thank you so very much for all of your recommendations! I am very thankful for replies. I am sooooooo excited to come and visit :) 

Have a fantastic holiday season!

Cindy
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 14 Dec 2017 9:56 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
You are welcome, Cindy!

Not too long now! Do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.
And of course, don't forget to share your experience and pictures on your return. 😊

Happy Holidays! 

Elodie