dog friendly accomodation please

dog friendly accomodation please

Author
Posted Mon 23 Oct 2017 11:19 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi, we are coming to Ireland for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New Year. We'll be staying with friends in Dublin for most of the time but are also hoping to spend a few days in County Kerry. Can anyone recommend a hotel /B & B/ guesthouse that is dog friendly. Many thanks.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 23 Oct 2017 2:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hello, Liz.

Thanks for taking the time to join all of us on the Community.

It's a pleasure to have you with us.  I had reached out in regards to your e-mail this morning and I hope that some of the suggestions provided will prove useful to you.

In addition to the suggestions provided earlier by email, there is also another discussion in regards to Dog-Friendly Destinations here on the Community that you may like to browse.

I am sure that many of our other members will have some amazing ideas to share with you also.  In the meantime, have you had a think about what you would like to get up to whilst visiting both Dublin and County Kerry with your furry friend?

Speak soon,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 27 Oct 2017 12:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Liz,

Hope you are looking forward to your upcoming trip to Ireland!
One of our Manor House Hotels, Randles Hotel located in Killarney, Co. Kerry is pet-friendly and would love to welcome you and your furry friend to the Kingdom County.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-10-2017/5762836a-739a-454a-a54c-de17.jpghttps://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-10-2017/0307a1d2-2086-4615-aadf-09ad.jpg
Randles Hotel is a true family run hotel, the Randles family understand it is not that simple just to leave behind another member of the family. Killarney is a perfect environment for you to enjoy the stunning walks and trails with your dog, and with so many beautiful attractions on their doorstep many of their guests find the comfort in knowing they can bring along their dog to also enjoy a stay in their luxurious 4* Star Hotel.
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-10-2017/15abc619-b6f5-4c2d-9090-18ea.jpg

Randles Prides themselves on being one of the few Killarney pet friendly hotels.To avoid disappointment please mention your pet when making your booking, prior to your arrival. For more Information on our all our Pet Friendly Hotels and some of the Pet rules just Click Here.

Hope you found this helpful,
Manor House Hotels

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 28 Oct 2017 10:54 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hi, Liz.

How are your plans for your stay in County Kerry coming along?

Big thanks to Manor House Hotels for their excellent recommendation on Randels Hotel in Killarney, a wonderful place to stay indeed.

We have another community post on Dog-Friendly Accommodation on our community forum that you may wish to look at too.

It would be great to find out where you have decided to stay, 

Regards

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 30 Oct 2017 4:48 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi,

Thanks for your info. We've decided that unfortunately we don't really have the time on this trip to get to Kerry and have the time to enjoy it. I'll keep your info until next time.

On this trip as well as our stay with our mate in Dublin we are having a few nights at the Salty Dog in Bangor which I'm told is very dog friendly. I'll let you know how we find it.

Thanks for all your advice and help.

Liz
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 31 Oct 2017 11:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi, Liz.

That's understandable - it's probably best to experience what you can in the time that you have so that things don't seem rushed.

Although it's great to hear that the additional information will prove useful for a possible trip in the future - you're already thinking ahead!

I'm also pleased to hear that you've had another dog-friendly recommendation, it would be great to hear more about that upon your return.  Will your friend be acting as your very own personal tour guide whilst spending some time in Dublin?  I am sure that they have some excellent suggestions of their own to recommend to you too!

Speak soon,

Colin
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 5 Dec 2017 3:29 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)Community Expert (38.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Liz,

How are you?

I thought to drop you a message to check on how the preparation for the trip was going.

Are you planning to be in Dublin for New Years?
If yes, make sure to check the events as some require to pre-book ticket even though it is free.
Here is the official website of Dublin New Years Events: http://nyfdublin.com/ 

Let me know if you have any question or need any more information before your trip.

Elodie