Camper van or mobile home with Automatic Transmisson, where to rent?

Camper van or mobile home with Automatic Transmisson, where to rent?

Author
Posted Tue 25 Sep 2018 12:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hallo Jan, 

It's been a while since we've been in touch, and we'd love to hear more about your travel plans. Have you been able to find the right camper van with an automatic transmission in the end? 

We have a new section on the Community called Tell Your Story where people can share their experiences and adventures on the island. Please feel free to share any tips or stories of your own about your trip, as we're sure other members will find it very useful. :)

Hoping to hear from you soon! 

Vriendelijke groeten, 

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 3 Oct 2018 6:42 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Dear Melin,

To our surprise we did not succeed. There was no RV with an automatic transmission. Eventually one offered a new campervan for this year but without toilet etc. And one company noted they also had planned a big motor home for this year, but that one was far to big. 
As I  mentioned in one of my replies, I'm very surprised about this very limited choice. We rented a campervan AT in Edinburgh the year before and this company was always sold out for the whole year with 20 or so RVs. Ireland is a very populair country for Americans. So why no RVs with AT? I think there is a big market for this. 

We traveled to Faeroer island in June and Tajikistan in september instead. Not a bad choice either. 

Regards / Groetjes, 

jan