NZ Teacher Wanting to Teach in Ireland

NZ Teacher Wanting to Teach in Ireland

Author
Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 2:27 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I am a New Zealander and I have been teaching 8 to 13 year olds in New Zealand for the last four years and I'm a fully registered Primary Teacher. I love teaching and I'm keen to experience teaching overseas. At 27 years old, I've been drawn to travel to Ireland and have bought return tickets. My time in Ireland begins mid-March and I plan on returning at the end of November.  

I will bring with me my insight of New Zealand, knowledge and skills in Maori and Pasifika culture and art, as well as my enthusiasm and love of learning. At this stage, I'm wanting to find out about applying for a part time teaching or substitute teaching job in Ireland, but I've had little luck. If you could provide any information or let me know where to look, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Sophie Malone
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 2:27 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
Hello Sophie,

Primary school teaching is a wonderful and rewarding career!

Citizens information have some information on Teaching in Ireland that you may find useful as a starting point.

Have you any particular parts of the country that you would like to see during your time with us? The summer holidays here are from the end of June to the beginning of September, so you will have plenty of opportunities to discover more about the island of Ireland during your time with us.

Martin

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Feb 2018 6:02 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi Sophie,
I am a Primary teacher and you will need Garda (Police) vetting for any teaching job. Contact the Teaching Council.ie for registration and information.
The into.ie union for primary teachers should also be able to give advice. 
Substitutes are always in short supply especially in Dublin, but accommodation there is expensive.
Good luck.
Mary