What food should I try while I'm in Ireland, and where can I find it?

What food should I try while I'm in Ireland, and where can I find it?

Author
Posted Mon 15 Jan 2018 5:25 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
No matter what part of the world you are arriving from, you won't have much difficulty in finding delicious food, so rest assured on that note! However, if you're looking for something traditionally Irish, here's where to start.

Irish stew is the most obvious option and is simply a traditional one-pot meal that uses a combination of meat, potato and carrot – perfect for warming up on a cold day. Lamb is the most common meat used, although there's no exact recipe because quantities can differ from place to place (historically, you added whatever you had in your cupboard!)

Most pubs and Irish-owned restaurants are likely to serve the dish,  but if you're in the two capital cities, check out the Oval Bar on Middle Abbey Street (just off O'Connell Street in Dublin), The Hairy Lemon and JW Sweetman, where you'll find fab and hearty stew dishes.

In Northern Ireland's capital, The Crown Liquor Saloon in Belfast is said to have a particular delicious stew, while Kelly's Cellars on Bank Street tops the taste league, too!

For other traditional Irish dishes, check out this page for 10 foods you'll adore during your visit!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/17-01-2018/4def0f5f-0ada-4225-9005-64a2.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 15 Jan 2018 6:55 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
The Burren Food Trail

Hi there ...check out all the delicious food to be had in North Clare or the Burren 

Hope this helps?  

Happy planning. Bill 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 12 Feb 2018 7:32 PM
View Quick Profile
Hello everyone, we run walking food tours of Dublin and we love showing tourists and visitors alike where to find the best food in Dublin. 

Our signature tour is a mix of modern and traditional Irish food and we visit award-winning eateries and food shops while our traditional Irish food and drink tour is the perfect introduction to Irish food!

Please do not hesitate to contact us - http://www.deliciousdublintours.com
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 17 Dec 2019 7:57 AM
View Quick Profile
Given the diverse culinary landscape of Ireland, you can rest assured that you'll find something for every palate here. You can have traditional Irish stew and soda bread or French Coq au Vin (chicken stew in red wine) and Boeuf Bourguignon (burgundy beef) or even rich Indian food like Taandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala and Biryani. 

While you may be skeptical of trying Indian food in Ireland, it's totally worth the effort to find a good Indian restaurant. If you're in Kilkenny, may I suggest Indique Indian Restaurant: http://indique.ie/

The food is awesome, the ambiance is cozy and the staff is friendly. If you're in Ireland, this is a must-visit place. It helps that it is ideally located close to the Kilkenny Castle, on the St Kieran's Street.
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/17-12-2019/cbca1337-f8db-4f8e-bac0-ac70.jpg
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 21 Oct 2022 6:17 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 2
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 21 Oct 2022 6:14 PM Visits: 3
I think it would be better if you find all the food supply at a single point. While traveling one should not face any problems in finding good food. 
E-commerce is a boon for modern-day travelers. www.conatycatering.com is one such website where you can get all the food you want with a single click. From frozen food to ready-to-eat, all types of food are available on this website. You can also get some freshly prepared delicious dishes as they provide catering services also.