I need a lot of help

I need a lot of help

Author
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 9:50 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Sorry you were not well hoping you are on your way to feeling better. Ireland had a bad storm as well as Scotland and most of the UK but the worse is over and getting back to better weather. 
I found a few places you might look into for Cork when you feel up to it

.REDCLYFFE HOUSE , CORK CITY

IN KINSALE , CORK 

LANDFALL HOUSE
 DANABEL B&B
THE OLDE BAKERY B&B
 WATERSIDE B&B

Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 10:20 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Elizabeth,

Thank you. Yes, slowly I'm regaining strength but it takes a lot of motivation. The other day we also had a cold front. And that
was exactly the same day I had to go to the Dr. I was thinking of you because I wore the light rain jacket even with layers and I was thinking to myself. "If I was in Ireland at this with jacket, I'd be very cold. No wonder I was suggested to take the fleece lined jacket on the trip". And now with the current weather, snow and all.

I will check these places as per your recommendation. I hope they're closed to town. I just checked the weather forecast for next week and it's going to be very wet and in the mid 30's.  The weather here has been a mixed up. Some days nice dry, cool and sunny. And a few minutes later we get hail. 
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 10:36 PM
View Quick Profile
Where is your home ? I also had bad rain and high winds called a Nor'easter but thankfully no snow . 
The first B&B is walking distance to Cork City center, the others in very colorful town of Kinsale which is about 30 minutes from city center .  
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 10:43 PM
View Quick Profile
I live on the West Coast of US in the Washington State. We're only 3.5 hours south of Vancouver, Canada. The weather here I dare to say very similar to yours. We don't get heavy rain regularly, but a constant drizzle, overcast sky. Our landscape its very lush because the wet weather. We do get snow off and on.

I think I'm going to check with the place closest to town. Any suggestion for a place in Dublin for one night?
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 11:12 PM
View Quick Profile
I took a trip to  Seattle , Portland Oregon and San Francisco , great scenery . Are you staying in Dublin on your first night before traveling to Belfast ? 
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 11:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Oh great so you are familiar with our area.

Yes, I already booked one night in Dublin. But only for one night. I could take a chance and wait until I get there and then make my booking for my last night. My main concern now is to get my booking for Cork, then I'll all set. I hope.
As long we're online I have a question about transportation from the airport into the city.  Do you know if the bus makes a stop a different location, or do they only have their final destination at the bus station.

I just found I'm not staying exactly in the center. I'm staying further north in Phibsborough district. I have no clue, bue the area looks like a nice clean area. What do you know about this neighborhood? That's why I need to find something closer into town in order to save some traveling time on my last day

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 12:07 AM
View Quick Profile
DUBLIN
THE GLEN GUESTHOUSE,
 http://www.glenguesthousedublin.com
The Glen Guesthouse Dublin is located at 84 Gardiner Street in North Dublin City Centre. This Dublin Guest House is adjacent to some of Dublin City Centres main streets such as O’ Connell Street, Parnell Street and Parnell Square.
 The Central Bus Station, mainline rail DART and LUAS are all just a short walk from the guest house.
 By Bus (from Dublin Airport) - The Airlink bus (747) operated by Dublin Bus will bring you to the central bus station (Busaras) approximately every 10mins. -
The Glen Guesthouse is just a few minutes walk from the bus station. - Alternatively, the Aircoach private service from the airport will bring you to O' Connell Street, again just a few minutes from the guest house. This bus also leaves approximately every 10 minutes to and from the airport. 
This is in the heart of Dublin City Center 
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 12:35 AM
View Quick Profile
THE ABBEY
AVONDALE HOUSE 
Are also in Dublin City Center.
The area you already booked in for your arrival is about 2 km from city center . I am not familiar with it . I have always stayed in City Center for convenience .
 Phibsborough district.transportation information 
Phibsborough is served by many Dublin Bus routes passing outbound to the north city suburbs: numbers 4, 9, 38, 38a, 38b, 38d, 39n, 40n, 46a, 83, 83a 120, 122 and 140. Inbound services serve the city centre. Phibsborough  has stops on the Luas Green Line located along the former Midland & Great Western Railway line.
 The Phibsboro stop is located at the railway cutting between the North Circular Road and the Cabra Road. It has lateral platforms. Access to the platform level is from both the North Circular and Cabra Roads via stairs and lifts from the new deck levels abutting the existing road overbridges.  The Phibsboro stop serves the residential communities and facilitates interchange with bus services on the North Circular and Cabra Roads.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 1:58 AM
View Quick Profile
Boy I could use a vacation after this vacation LOL

Well, I really got cold feet with the reservation I had in Dublin on 3/14. It seems that its not easy to get to from the airport. On their website it states they're only 7 seconds from the LUAS station, but I tried on Googlemap and I kept getting using the 700 bus, then walking for 25 mins (with luggage).

I'm also getting some mixed signals about the neighborhood. Some places say its not the best, and some say that the area is going through some changes for the better. I also was considering how it would be the next day to catch the train at 7:00 AM. 

I wouldn't mind giving a shot on 3/21 since I'd have more time to get to the airport to catch my flight in the evening of 3/22. Are you familiar with Phibsborough neighborhood by any chance.

I went ahead and booked a room at  Glen Guesthouse. A bit more than what I payed at other place, but considering the location. It's all confirmed non-refundable. I contacted them to see if I could change the date, and stay on my last day in Dublin in order to evade paying the cancellation. It's  1:30 AM.

I also researched for lodging in Cork, Almost everything was very expensive. I checked Redclyffe and guess what I got a room for less than 100 euros /night. It was the last one. I couldn't spend any more time.. I just printed the confirmation.

Elizabeth, you have saved my nec more than once, and for that I'm very grateful to you.
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 2:34 AM
View Quick Profile
I think you did well, you'll be happier in each of the city centers ,all very easy to walk around and easy to travel from. I am not familiar with Phibsborough neighborhood , just reading about it ,  part residential , part industrial  and in my opinion  not very easy to travel to or from especially if you are on a schedule or have a early train to get. 
If you have any problems you can ask your B&B to arrange a taxi the night before for a pick-up at a early time in am . I have been very happy to help you with your travel arrangements and hope you have a wonderful time. You will be able to get online while on your trip so please don't hesitate to email me , I will be very glad to help anyway I can . 
My email is butlerburke@aol.com