I need a lot of help

I need a lot of help

Author
Posted Mon 12 Feb 2018 9:16 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hmmm 
Strange because I clear history, got the latest version on all 3 different browsers. Nevertheless, I think I'm over that hump. I think to be sure I'm going to call Irish rail and book it over the phone.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 6:16 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi Everyone

At last ! I just finished my call to Irish rail. They were told me that other people had some difficulties as well in the process of their booking. However,  they suggested to get in touch with their IT department in order to prevent getting a request for personal data.

Anyways, I was able to booked the entire trip. Yes, I had to get 2 separate bookings in order to include my ticket to Galway. Elizabeth I'll be taking the same train on 3/17 to Galway, arriving at 13:43.

You have no idea how much I appreciate the patience you all offered me during these challenging days.  It seems that I'm getting organized till 3/20. Now I need to decide where to go from 3/19-21 before heading to Dublin to spend the night on 3/21.  

I'm not going to make any transportation booking ahead of time, since I'll be traveling during the week and I'll be closer to Dublin.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 7:06 PM
View Quick Profile
Hooray for you ! 
How about 

FROM GALWAY TO CLARE (Ennis)   3/19 10:05 Departs Eyre Square, Galway Bus Station 10:10 ,  Arrives Ennis Bus Station 11:20 
Total journey time 1 hr, 15 minutes
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 7:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Or maybe Galway to Cork 
Galway departs at 13:30 and arrives Cork at   16:00
2hr 30min Express Ciylinks bus 

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 7:24 PM
View Quick Profile
Yes Hooray is in place! Thank you for putting up with me. No I already told you I booked 2 nights in Ennis after I leave Galway. I think I'll decide what time I'll be traveling to Ennis from Galway.

My concern is what, where to go after spending 2 days in Ennis on my way to Dublin. At first I thought about going to Cork, but several people told me that the place is too touristy, overrated. I'd get a better perspective of Ireland going to a smaller town. What do you think?

Interesting I just got an email from The Swallows B n B in Galway. They are now offering me a room. As you know, I made reservation at the hostel in town, which about half price but with 5 other co-eds in the room.

Now that I got the ground transportation covered, I'm concentrating in other details. I just checked the weather forecast to all the places I'll be going. It looks like visibility and weather might be an issue like Cliffs at Moher. Not afraid of grey sky, after all this is my world too down here. In case I might be running out of time while in Galway, I thought I could go back to surrounding areas while staying in Ennis. Let's face it. I'll be arriving at Galway almost 14:00, and checking out 2 nights later.
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 7:38 PM
View Quick Profile
What date do you arrive in Galway and how many nights are you staying ?

What date do you arrive in Ennis and how many nights are you staying ? 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 7:39 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Larry 
Glad you are finally sorted.
I looked at the map for the Swallows B and B. It is not as central as the hostel. It is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from the station but fine if you would prefer your own room.
 In the hostel although you are sharing it does give you the opportunity to meet up with people and go out with them.
I would not regard Cork as a tourist city. That should not put you off going. Perhaps you should just leave it and decide later.
Mary

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 7:44 PM
View Quick Profile
Yes I saw it. However, I asked their booking's policy. No need to pay in advance. I got a response all they need is my mobile number and can cancel anytime. I went ahead and booked without giving any credit card. I asked twice no charge will be made and can cancel anytime.

I have stayed at hostels many times, but only once in a Co-ed room. It was awful too much noise, and hard to get into the bathroom. No I'm not trying to stereotyping but it happened. The good thing is the location, and is only 2 nights.
Yes, that's why I'm making any advanced transportation from Ennis until I'm there. I might running into people or a single driver that might be willing to share a ride to Dublin or???
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 2 Mar 2018 12:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Just checking in , Hopefully you are all set by now with your travel plans and are looking forward to your trip . Wishing you a great adventure . Elizabeth 
Profile Picture
Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 8:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Elizabeth

Thank you for checking with me. Unfortunately, I have been under the weather for about a week. Of course, this has taking me off track on getting ready for the trip. I am getting better and hopefully I can regain some strength. I caught a very gad virus. I'm still shaking it.

I'm getting a bit worried about the cold front in Europe. I saw that Dublin airport cancelled most of their flights. I have not been able to get online for a while. 

I have been thinking that after spending a couple of days in Ennis, I think I'd like to try going to Cork for 2 days before heading to Dublin. Do you have any suggestion of a budget guest house. I'm not too motivated to stay in hostels on this trip. But I will venture out to stay at a hostel in Galway. I need a room 3/19 -3/21. Then spend one night in Dublin for the day before flying home on 3/22/18. Yes, I'm aware of the link on this sight for lodging, but I thought I'd ask you anyway. Thanks again for your assistance