I need a lot of help

I need a lot of help

Author
Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 12:04 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Mary 
I just read your suggestion, and the same as I told Elizabeth why is it that I cannot buy the ticket while on Irishrail's website? 
I keep getting confused by the second. At first, I thought I could go by train all the way from Belfast to Galway and the tram ticket was included. I thought it would a simple booking.
Then Elizabeth told me I could take a train from Belfast to Connolly then bus to Galway, But later I got a second posting saying that there a train Heuston to Galway,'

However, I appreciate the latest suggestion made buying round trip ticket. I'm so frustrated that I didn't think of that if I could get to buy this ticket online
3/15 Buy road trip Dubling to Belfast
3/17 return Belfast to Connolly ( I have no clue how to do this)
       Luas Connolly to Heuston (is this included with the Belfast-Connolly ticket?
       Buy one way ticket Heuston to Galway ( by train) how do I do this which site? 

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 12:06 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Larry Ignore Translink entirely.

Go to Irish Rail.ie
Book a ticket from Dublin Connolly To Belfast Central RETURN on March 14TH
That will eliminate the need for The Northern Site. 
You are dealing with two different states on one island that is why it seems awkward.
You Will have your Ticket booked then both ways with Irish Rail.
The Red Luas line brings you direct from Connolly to Heuston.
 Map on their website shows this.
Book your Dublin to Galway ticket on Irish Rail. then
So make two bookings and you are sorted.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 12:07 AM
View Quick Profile
I see that Elizabeth has told you the exact same thing.
That should work for you.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 12:32 AM
View Quick Profile
Dublin Connolly Thu, 15 Mar 09:30 Belfast Central 11:45
Belfast Central Sat, 17 Mar 08:00 Dublin Connolly 10:05 1 passenger Total €39.98

This is what it will look like when you book  Irishrail  RETURN ticket
Elizabeth
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 12:40 AM
View Quick Profile
Belfast is in Northern Ireland, there are 6 counties in Northern Ireland and they are under Britain rule for the most part . The currency is GBP while the Republic of Ireland 26 counties are part of the EU . There are many  different rules that cover the split country of Ireland .
Elizabeth 
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 11:03 PM
View Quick Profile
Larry just checking in wondering if you have made any more progress 
Elizabeth

Profile Picture
Posted Sat 10 Feb 2018 8:08 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Hi Larry,

As Mary and Elizabeth have explained, the best way to travel would be using Irish Rail from Dublin Connolly Station to Belfast Central as a return ticket.

The DART link from Connolly Station to Heuston Station takes about 25 minutes and tickets can be bought at the station itself €1.70

The Dublin Heuston to Galway Ceannt can also be purchased online using the Irish Rail website. 

Please feel free to get back in touch with us if you need more help,

Martin
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 12 Feb 2018 7:23 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi
I'm back. I'm sorry I had an emergency and had to leave town. 

Yes, as I told you all on my last posting. It made a big difference once I selected to initiate the trip from Dublin to Belfast. Previously, I had Belfast as the starting point.

However, I met someone the other day and told me that in order to get the LUAS transfer included i should select Dublin city as the starting point and not Connolly. Is that correct?

Do I need to make 2 separate reservations:
1- 3/15 Dublin city to Belfast return 3/17 Belfast to Dublin City
2- 3/17 Dublin City (after transferring from Connolly to Heuston) to Galway
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 12 Feb 2018 7:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi Larry 
I discovered recently that people had trouble booking with Irish Rail because their browsers were not up dated. Irish Rail has very strong encryption and you need to make sure you have all the latest updates on your browser Change browser if you have to.

You are correct now with the above booking. You should not have any more difficulty.

I believe that yes your rail ticket does cover Luas to Heuston and put in Dublin city centre to Galway
If that does not work. Simply go with Dublin Heuston to Galway.
 You can easily get a ticket  in the vending machine at the Luas stop directly outside Connolly station to Heuston. 
it is very easy to operate. A single ticket is €2.10 cents.
Mary.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 12 Feb 2018 7:58 PM
View Quick Profile
I did not see the option to purchase Luas when I did my check but it is easy to get when you arrive back in Dublin from Belfast.
Yes I recommend making two separate ticket purchases (1) Return ticket Dublin to Belfast 
and (1 ) single ticket Dublin to Galway 
Elizabeth