Why should I come to Ireland in spring?

Why should I come to Ireland in spring?

Author
Posted Tue 13 Feb 2018 4:45 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
With crisp, pale-blue skies, bright sunlight and the promise of longer days... what's not to love about the island of Ireland in springtime!

Love animals? You'll adore spring in Ireland. Between February and June, up to 250 foals are born at the Irish National Stud at the heart of Ireland's Ancient East, and you can watch them find their feet when you visit! It's also lambing season, and you can get up close and personal with these cute critters by visiting petting farms, such as Killary Sheep Farm in Galway, and Kissane Sheep Farm in Kerry!

St Patrick's Day falls on March 17 and forms the backbone to festivals and events up and down the island, including St Patrick's Festival in Dublin (March 15-19) where parades, fun and music take over the city for five wonderful days, and the Home of St Patrick Festival in Armagh and Down.

Having kicked on February 2, the famous Rugby NatWest Six Nations competition concludes on March 17th, with the clash of the titans: England versus Ireland playing out in Twickenham. Join locals while you're here to cheer on the boys in green! Even if you don't know your ruck from your maul the atmosphere everywhere is simply electric.

And then, of course, with our mild, temperate climate, spring's the time to step outdoors. Take a day trip to the Cliffs of Moher in County Clare, take a couple of days to travel along the Causeway Coastal Route - voted Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2018 - or join a walking festival in the heart of Ireland's Ancient East, where you may start your trail in the company of strangers, but end up with friends for life.

You see, there's plenty to enjoy in springtime. And you'll probably get lots more ideas from the community when they add on their suggestions here!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/13-02-2018/20549d89-7de5-47ad-95cf-85e6.jpg