Community "pub Quiz"

Community "pub Quiz"

Author
Posted Sun 25 Feb 2018 5:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)Community Expert (38.8K reputation)
Gold Achievements 5 Silver Achievements 8 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Administrator Last Active: Thu 11 Apr 2024 8:44 AM Visits: 9.8K
Hi Everyone!

As you know, Pub Quiz is popular in Ireland, so I thought, why not have our version of it here!

Of course, I needed a topic, and it was easy to find one: Saint Patrick. ☘️

How does it work?
Take this small online quiz - NO CHEATING - and comment with your score.

And that's not all! 
Please share with us your best Saint Patrick's day memories with us or even your plan for this year.

Let the game begin! 😃
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 26 Feb 2018 10:00 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I love pub quizzes!

I got 7/8, which isn't a bad score from me! 

Quick fun fact: Did you know that St. Patrick's parents were Roman citizens living in either Scotland or Wales? (Depending on the version of the story that you read)

Bonus Fact: Your odds of finding a four-leaf clover are:

About 1 in 10,000.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 26 Feb 2018 1:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)Community Member (10.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 21
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Mon 20 Jun 2022 4:15 PM Visits: 3K
I also got 7/8! ☘️

I love St. Patrick's Day, everybody is wearing something green and the atmosphere is so fun and happy!

This year I'm looking forward to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Dublin, its parade is famous all over the world!

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 26 Feb 2018 6:23 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
6/8 - not too bad!

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favourite holidays! This year, I'll be celebrating at a MASSIVE fest in Nashville - bring on the music!https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/26-02-2018/2e6aa37d-aeb5-49e4-a00f-65ca.jpg
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 27 Feb 2018 12:32 AM
View Quick Profile
What a fun quiz! :D

I'll be back over for a wedding in Galway on St Patrick's Day 2019 ... I cannot wait!! 

In the meantime, looking very forward to celebrating the special day here in the US -- home of the first ever St Patrick's Day celebration! LOL! Here's a photo from the parade in my hometown of Annapolis, MD last year: 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-02-2018/8db2dd65-45df-4fb5-b6e6-a275.jpg

Sending lots of cheer to Ireland, now and always! 

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 27 Feb 2018 12:56 AM
View Quick Profile
I got 6/8...the shame! 

My favourite memory of St Patrick's day was in Edinburgh, actually! About 15 years ago when I was living in a youth hostel with tons of people from all over the world. We all went to a pub, and had a massive celebration, complete with hats and face paints.

My first taste of Ireland, before I'd even been! It was truly brilliant seeing people from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, South Africa...and more! All together for that one Irish night. I'll never forget that one! Sláinte! 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 27 Feb 2018 11:48 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)Community Expert (70.1K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM Visits: 13.3K
I managed 7/8... quite the surprise!

My memory is from a few years ago now at a local parade in Moville, on the Inishowen peninsula in County Donegal. A wee town in comparison to Dublin, but the sun was shining, well almost, and the local people were out in force.

Even had a chance for a much-deserved ice-cream!!

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/27-02-2018/df922365-38e0-4eb8-a419-f7e6.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 28 Feb 2018 9:15 AM
View Quick Profile
5/8… And I was lucky enough to guess some of them!

This will be my 5th St Patrick's day in Ireland and yet I'm so excited about it! It's a fantastic day, streets and pubs get crowded and everyone is full of joy. Still trying to decide if I'll be in Derry~Londonderry or I'll go to Dublin for a change! What do you guys think?
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 2 Mar 2018 2:18 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)Community Expert (22.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 4:14 PM Visits: 13.9K
Surprisingly, I got 6 out of 8! 

I'll share with you some funny lines I made for this upcoming St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy the rhyme!

No matter where you are, 
you have to 'enjoy the craic'!
The crowd fits in the bar 
to sing the happiest track.

Every Saint Patrick's Day,
three leaves are on the cheeks.
The lads are on the way 
with hats as green as leeks.

The drinks go down too fast.
We squeeze in and you say "Hey!! 
This is my second last!".
No one believes you, ok?

The black stuff rules wherever 
and the banter never ends.
Although won't last forever,
take care, my lovely friends.

Francesco ☘️

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 9:31 PM
View Quick Profile
I love pub quizzes. 6/8 is not bad!