Devlin Clan Belfast

Devlin Clan Belfast

Author
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
We are looking for ANY information regarding a family of Devlin’s who owned a Grocers shop at the corner of Thomas ST/Lancaster ST Belfast Northern Ireland between 1920-1960’s. They lived in Bedique ST next to Mater Hospital Belfast Northern Ireland. There is links to Canada & America so please share.

Francis Joseph Devlin (Frank) 1889
Mary Josephine Devlin nee Kelly(Minnie)
Their children :

Margaret Agnes 1922
Mary 1924
James Joseph (Seamus) 1926
Alice Kelly (possibly Eileen) 1929
Mary Josephine 1932
Francis Joseph 1935
Alice (possibly Eileen) 1940
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 5 Mar 2018 5:41 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Member
Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)Community Member (5.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 May 2023 12:42 PM Visits: 1.6K
Hi Catherine, thanks for reaching out to the community!

It’s great that you already have so much information gathered. I’d be delighted to point you in the right direction to continue your research. Trying to trace your heritage can be an exciting experience but may also seem like a daunting task! There are already a lot of great and really useful posts here on the community regarding ancestry.

I would highly recommend this one from fellow community member Brian who offers a 3 step plan for getting started with tracing your ancestors. Another great post to check out is this one from Saoirse : Helpful Research Tips. They are both full of useful tips and strategies as well as the exact places to look for more information. I think you will find them really helpful!  

You can also check out How to trace your Irish Roots