I want a real Irish experience. How can I get that?

I want a real Irish experience. How can I get that?

Author
Posted Wed 7 Mar 2018 4:37 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Coming here will be a real Irish experience, but we get what you’re looking for so we’ve picked out a few ways for you to completely immerse yourself in the Irish way of life!  

Visit a working farm. Rural Ireland is alive and well in those green fields, and it’s a wonderful experience to see them in action. In County Kerry, family-owned Kissane Sheep Farm welcomes visitors during spring and summer to witness sheepdog and sheep shearing demonstrations, while Glen Keen Farm on the Wild Atlantic Way in Louisburgh, County Mayo, will also put you in touch with authentic Irish traditions. 

In Ireland’s Ancient East, visitor participation is the name of the game at Causey Farm in County Meath. Dance a jig, play the bodhráin, cut turf in a bog, bake brown soda bread, see a sheepdog at work… this is rural life, and you’ll be right at the heart of it.  

Speaking of dancing…although you’ll find traditional music wherever you go, head to the trad capital, County Clare, where there is sure to be tunes filling the streets of Doolin and Milton Malbay, or cosy up under the thatched roof of the Crosskeys Inn in County Antrim, where impromptu music sessions have been known to erupt.  

Anyone else have ideas for real Irish experiences?

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/07-03-2018/0204ef35-3e32-44b1-9c53-b93e.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 8 Aug 2022 5:22 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)
Gold Achievements 0 Silver Achievements 0 Bronze Achievements 6
Group: Community Member Last Active: Thu 2 Mar 2023 6:40 PM Visits: 96
Just want to share one more Great Experience on this Island:
Inis Oírr (Inisheer) - Aran Islands
Rent a bike there and explore the whole Island in a one day!
Boat to Island and close  to  port you will get the decent bike.

https://www.rothai-inisoirr.com/

You will never regret it, it is so Irish and those People there so friendly and different.
Must seen place!
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 9 Aug 2022 8:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: 2 days ago @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
That sounds like a wonderful recommendation!

The Aran Islands are a super place to visit while traveling along the Wild Atlantic Way, it sounds like it was a wonderful day indeed!