Bloomer/Siberry

Bloomer/Siberry

Author
Posted Mon 12 Mar 2018 11:28 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me with any details they may have on my great grandparents history.
My great grandfather Albert Bloomer (b:9 nov 1902-12/12/77) was born in dungannon to James and Isabella - he was one of 7 children.
He was baptised in St. John Caledon church in the parish of aghaloo
As far as I can tell he lived in Co. Tyrone for most of his life until in 1926 when he left for Scotland.
he moved to Rutherglen in Scotland where he met my great Gran Anne Siberry.

Annie Siberry (b:4/11/1900-13/12/72) was born in Sligo to John and Mary - she was one of 8
At some point they lived in Cloonlougher, Leitrim.
In 1925 she moved with one of her sisters to Scotland where she settled in Rutherglen.
She married Albert in 1928 on March 23rd.
They had two children, James and Margaret Grace (my Gran)

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me more about my great grandparents, and about their parents and siblings.

Thanks!
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 13 Mar 2018 2:47 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello Sarah.

Welcome to the Community!

We have some fantastic genealogy experts/lovers in this community. They might be able to help you gather more information regarding your great-grandparents, their parents, and siblings.

Brian, one of our members, has created an excellent 3-step guide, which you may find useful. Each step contains useful information and a list of helpful website resources. You can have a look at it here.  

I am sure some of our other members will also have some helpful suggestions to help you on your way.

Speak soon,

Sionainn
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 15 Mar 2018 3:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)Industry Member (39.5K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 19
Derry~Londonderry
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 4 Apr 2024 4:36 PM Visits: 1.8K
Hi Sarah

Your next step will be to search the 'big' Irish databases such as Irishgenealogy.ie and Rootsireland.ie for marriage record of James Bloomer to Isabella and John Siberry to Mary. A 'civil marriage' record, if found, will identify the names of fathers of both bride and groom.

RootsIreland index, for example, records marriage of a James Bloomer to Isabella in County Tyrone in 1891. This marriage certificate can then be viewed and downloaded at irishgenealogy.ie (https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1891/10666/5886547.pdf), which shows that James Bloomer of Creevelough (Aghaloo Parish, Tyrone), son of Thomas, married on 11 June 1891 in Parish Church of Brantry, County Tyrone,  Isabella Stewart of Ballyvaddy (Aghaloo parish, Tyrone), daughter of Henry. 

Now part of united parish of Killylea, Caledon and Brantry you can view a photograph of Brantry Church of Ireland church at http://armagh.anglican.org/Parishes/KillyleaCaledonBrantry.html