Any recommendations on where and what to eat when I visit Donegal?

Any recommendations on where and what to eat when I visit Donegal?

Author
Posted Fri 13 Apr 2018 3:53 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
There’s a saltiness that lands on your lips as soon as visit the northwest corner of this island – aka County Donegal. That salt is blown by the winds that sway over this portion of the Wild Atlantic Way, over a place where the glistening fruits of the sea and delicious locally grown produce are menu staples for the people who create food around here. 

With enough salt on your lips, let us introduce you to Donegal native, chef Brian McDermott, who opened Ireland’s first “no salt” Cookery School on the Inishowen Peninsula. Chef Brian prides himself on his locally sourced produce, and his food more or less sums up Donegal on a plate.

After filling your lungs with the fresh Atlantic air at the Slieve League cliffs, refuel at Kitty Kelly’s restaurant. Inside, enjoy the gentle warmth of a wood-fired stove while devouring some of the freshest catch of the day sourced by local fishermen!

Under the thatched roof of The Singing Pub, meanwhile, you’ll find a seafood platter worth writing home about, not to mention the dulcet sounds of traditional music playing while you eat.

Past Donegal town and onto Harvey’s Point, here we have everything from fine dining to luxurious afternoon tea overlooking the steady waters of Lough Eske.

You see, all you have to do is follow the tracks, trails and tables of Donegal and you’ll soon find out that these folks understand how a dose of Mother Nature does wonders for the appetite! And that little lot is just for starters…

Do any other community members have any recommendations they’d like to share?     
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/13-04-2018/2308c6c9-1c33-4f53-a328-451c.jpg