I fancy doing something a little different on my visit, any ideas?

I fancy doing something a little different on my visit, any ideas?

Author
Posted Tue 17 Apr 2018 2:40 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Just because you’ve been sightseeing in other places around the world doesn’t mean you should neglect seeing some of our more iconic locations – but we can suggest ways to sightsee that might make you view them from a different perspective!  

By train.Yes, the humble train is actually something rather special over here. Hop on the Dart in Dublin city and head towards Bray in County Wicklow. The tracks hug the horseshoe-shaped bay, so you’ll be treated to panoramic views of the Irish Sea. Or, sit back and relax in the luxury aboard the Belmond Grand Hibernian train. With the finest artisan food, live musicians and elegant sleep carriages inspired by Georgian architecture, this is getting a glimpse of Ireland in style!

Saddle up: Lose track of time trekking on through the colourful countryside of rural County Kerry on a traditional jaunting car. Or better yet, take the reins yourself and let horse hoofs become the soundtrack to a horseback adventure through the idyllic Castle Leslie Estate, County Monaghan, or along the beaches of County Antrim.  

Up, up and away: Slow and steady as you go, this is a gorgeous way to appreciate Ireland’s 40 shades of green from the wicker basket of a hot air balloon. Float over Ireland’s Ancient East, Northern Ireland and the Wild Atlantic Way, with only the sound of the birds tweeting as you pass each other in the sky.   

On the water: Take a cruise through the heartland of Ireland waterways. With hundreds of inland lakes, as well as a network of rivers and canals, there are endless opportunities to relax and see Ireland in a whole new way. You don’t need a license, there’s no commercial traffic and your boat is your accommodation and means of travel!  

Do any other community members have any ideas on how to see our lovely island a little differently than usual? 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/17-04-2018/42a03daa-8846-4dc3-aa9e-e895.jpg

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 18 Apr 2018 1:54 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi

I wonder if you’ve ever thought what fun it might be to fly like birds!

How about taking to the air and gliding in the open sky, while looking down on Magilligan and the shores of Lough Foyle? Whether it’s gliding, para-gliding or sky-diving there are opportunities to experience all of these by catching the thermals from Binevenagh. 

Or how about experiencing the Roe Valley from a paddleboard?
Or experiencing it at moonlight from a kayak?!
Details for all of these may be found on our website https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/
Mary.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 5 Dec 2018 11:37 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
How about discovering the Causeway Coast from a unique perspective during a paddleboard lesson and cliff and cave tour?
There are so many amazing things to do up on the North Coast around Portrush. Incredible Clifftop walks that will leave you stunned (I lived in Hawaii for several years and this Coastline, while definitely not tropical is just as beautiful if not more). You can walk over an ancient fisherman ropebridge in Ballintoy or come to Portrush and enjoy a relaxing paddleboard tour while taking in the fantastic scenery of the Causeway Coast from the water. Or how about jumping off rocks and slide in and out of rock pools by going coasteering (check Causeway Coasteering)? 

For further questions please don't hesitate to contact Hanno from Alive Surf School in Portrush, Northern Ireland.

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/05-12-2018/e5ff5d91-def0-4250-b7f3-5382.png