Can I go hot air ballooning over Ireland? If so, how?

Can I go hot air ballooning over Ireland? If so, how?

Author
Posted Fri 4 May 2018 5:25 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
There really is nothing quite like the ethereal feeling of floating up, up and away in a hot air balloon over Ireland. Irish Balloon Flights has been floating above some the island’s most beautiful landscapes since 2000 and, between the months of April and September, you can glide over treetops, lakes and castles with just the sound of the burner interrupting the silence!

There are three take-off locations around Ireland’s Ancient East: Trim in County Meath, where highlights include the Boyne Valley and, of course, Trim Castle – a stalwart in Irish history, but also a bit of a movie star from its days as a location for Mel Gibson’s Braveheart.  

Then there’s Athlone in County Westmeath, where views of the Christian heritage site of Clonmacnoise on the banks of the River Shannon are definitely something to write home about. And medieval Kilkenny, which has its own 12th century castle, a thriving crafts scene and plenty of places to feast out in style. 

For something really special, Irish Balloon Flights offers an exclusive VIP Package for two. Picture sipping champagne and indulging in luxury chocolates as you drift across the sky. Bliss! 

Do any other community members have other hot air ballooning ideas in Ireland? 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/04-05-2018/a6293f54-6568-4dbf-9119-7e11.jpg Image Cred: Irish Balloon Flights