How is the weather in September/October?

How is the weather in September/October?

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 5:42 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I want to apologize as I will be asking a lot of questions here (lol) I hope no one minds!

What is the general average for the weather in Ireland in late September and October? Temperature wise and rain wise. I just want to make sure we go prepared. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 10:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
No worries, James! We're here to help. :)

You'll find that September is very mild, and that the days are still quite long. The high temperatures from August throughout October are between 14 and 18 degrees, but it also depends where in Ireland you are. You'll find that the south is usually a few degrees warmer than the north of the island. You can find more information about the weather on our website, as well as on the Met Éireann page.

Are you planning on travelling around Ireland? 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 8:33 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Yes I am hoping to spend some time exploring Ireland.

There is a lot to think about / plan though! :)

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 29 Jun 2018 4:14 PM
View Quick Profile
I like Ireland around the autumn equinox. The weather...well, it can rain any day during any season, and September-October is not exclusion :) It's warm enough to go hiking (uufffff, the green landscapes!), and no matter the weather, you can always drink a pint of Guinness beer in one of the Irish pubs. Check some seasonal info on rove.me and Vagabond Tours, and you will see how many great things await you there in autumn!