Are there any affordable boat tours?

Are there any affordable boat tours?

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 5:48 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
My wife was wondering about this one. She would like to take a boat ride around Ireland, nothing big like a cruise, just a simple tour. I wasn't sure if this was a thing here or not and I am not sure where to look for the information. 
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 10:46 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Travelling by water is a great way to explore Ireland, James! On our website you can find out more about the options: Travel by Water

There are two areas in particular that are perfect for a relaxing cruise, the Fermanagh Lakelands, and the Shannon Corridor. At the moment there is an offer available for a foodie tour along the stunning Causeway Coast. Take a look here for more information. 
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 8:29 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Great, thanks Melin, I'll take a look!
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:29 AM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)Industry Member (19.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 26
Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Tue 1 Feb 2022 1:58 PM Visits: 833
Hi James
Welcome to the forum.
I might be slightly biased you understand, but I would highly recommend a boat trip with us :)  We offer cruises below the Cliffs of Moher and also day trips to the Aran Islands. These boat trips depart from Doolin in Co Clare.  
Our video link below will give you more information:

If you are in Ireland from June 2018 onwards, you will be able to sail on the newest ship in Ireland, our Star of Doolin - she is a 200 seater ship custom built for our Wild Atlantic Way and a beauty...
https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-05-2018/57551a84-7ae4-4950-a3bb-2fa0.jpg

If you would like any more information on the boat trips, please visit our website

I hope you enjoy your stay, safe travels!
All the best
Joan
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:35 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi James, 

As well as the other suggestions, there is also the Liffey Cruise in Dublin, it's a great way to see the city, it takes about 90 minutes. There is also the Canal Boat Restaurant where you can go on a dinner or lunch cruise. http://canalboatrestaurant.ie/

Regards,
Sandra
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:51 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi James check out Cliffs of Moher by boat for a great value bucket list trip all along the iconic Cliffs of Moher🛥👊🇨🇮
Enjoy your trip, if you have any questions about other boat trips to the Aran Islands just ask?  Ave up to 30% OFF tickets here and most of all enjoy your stay.  Best Wishes, Bill O Brien 

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/10-05-2018/e584861b-8b3e-4999-8344-e688.jpg 

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 12:34 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)Industry Member (29.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Thu 28 Mar 2024 11:42 AM Visits: 2.4K
Hi James,
In the Causeway Coast and Glens area there are boat trips from Ballycastle, Ballintoy, Portrush and Portstewart. You can get a different view of the Giant’s Causeway and the North Antrim Coast from a boat. You can also take a sea safari to Rathlin Island, where puffins come ashore to breed, or to the deserted island of Inishtrahull, maybe catching sight of basking sharks along the way too.
You can see more details about these tours by visiting our website https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com and clicking on To Do and then Tours.
I hope your plans come together and that you have a great trip.
Mary.