Sporting events in September/October

Sporting events in September/October

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 5:54 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Will there be any kind of sporting events worth viewing in late September or October?

I am not sure how the seasons work over there for sports but I would love to catch a sporting event while being there. I am not fussed on any sport in particular. I tend to enjoy them all when it is live.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:46 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi James,

The All Ireland Final's of the Irish sports of Hurling and Gaelic Football are held in September each year. The ladies finals of Camogie and Football are usually held into October. Last year over 40,000 people attended the Ladies Football final - the largest crowd ever in Europe to watch a women's sport. All the finals are held in Croke Park in Dublin. The men's finals are usually difficult to get tickets but there is usually no problem for the women's matches as the stadium holds over 80,000 people. More information is on www.gaa.ie

Sandra
Profile Picture
Posted Fri 11 May 2018 3:26 AM
View Quick Profile
Hello James,

It's really great to hear from another sports enthusiast such as myself.  I'm hoping that once you see your first Hurling match, you'll be hooked.  It's not called "The Fastest Sport on Grass" for nothing!

You might enjoy reading up on the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) before you arrive. The official games organised by the GAA include Gaelic football, hurling, handball and rounders.  Here's hoping they all catch your fancy.

I'm curious as to whether there are more sports fans within our Community, and if so, do you have suggestions for James?

Sionainn

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 11 May 2018 9:26 AM
View Quick Profile
James, I forgot to mention the horse racing, Listowel Racing Festival should be on in September, it's in North Kerry and would be a great one to include. You can find out more on www.hri.ie

Sandra