Hotel or B&B?

Hotel or B&B?

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 6:05 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Anyone have experience in staying in both hotels and B&Bs? I would love to know which is better for first-time visitors and what the differences are in price and overall accommodations.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:42 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi James, 

I would go with a mix of both B&B's and hotels. As you are staying for such a long time, I would stay in a hotel when in big towns like Dublin. However, if you are going to smaller out of the way places, I would stay in a B&B or farmhouse. You'll have a great experience!

Sandra.
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:44 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)Community Expert (70.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Both Hotels and B&B's are popular places to stay for a first-time visit!

We have a wonderful article on the classification of accommodation on the island of Ireland to get you started.

For a homely, get involved with the local's approach, B&B is perfect, full of homely touches and helpful advice thrown in with a cup of tea by the kitchen table.

Hotels offer a wider range of facilities and services within the accommodation from the luxurious Castle Hotel to the more modest. Please have a look at our accommodation search pages for some pricing ideas and links to the various properties.

You may even wish to mix up the choices depending on the location you will find yourselves in for the night!

I'm sure our other members will have some helpful advice too.

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 11 May 2018 4:04 PM
View Quick Profile
Hi James,

Another great option to consider is camper hire providing your accommodation and transport in one. Lazy Days campers are easy to drive and a small size, ideal for negotiating small Irish roads, towns & villages. A camper gives you the freedom to explore at your own pace. Smiles for miles nothing else compares

If you need help planning your route we are delighted to help you plan a truly unique and adventurous holiday. We have LOTS of inspiring trip ideas, recommended routes, must-see top attractions and the lesser known hidden gems to share with you. We are only a phone call or email away and are happy to help you throughout your booking, planning and holiday experience.

Just contact me, Sue on + 353 87 2885771 / sue@lazydays.ie or visit www.lazydays.ie for more information.
Happy planning!
Sue

https://d2b4i25io5fq3v.cloudfront.net/11-05-2018/ff03f700-d844-4b82-811f-3dcc.jpg