Camping options?

Camping options?

Author
Posted Wed 9 May 2018 6:08 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Are there any areas that allow camping? What I mean is simply staying outdoors in a tent. I know this is a silly question but I would love the chance to fully appreciate nature and the outdoors while in Ireland and what better way is there? :)
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 11:03 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Hi James, We recommend that if you want to camp you stay in one of the many registered/approved sites throughout Ireland.  We feature 90 sites on our website www.campingireland.ie  All the sites have been inspected and approved and meet minimum standards. 

We also have an App which you can download Camping Ireland This has details on all the sites and a map showing their locations.
Have a great trip
Regards
Aideen - Camping Ireland

Profile Picture
Posted Fri 11 May 2018 3:38 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi James,

That's some great information from Camping Ireland. Very helpful indeed.

I'd like to suggest some spots along the west coast.  Wave Crest in Kerry is one of my favourites - right there on Kenmare Bay, and you can often see dolphins and basking sharks.  Another spot I love is Mannix Point, also in Kerry. If you're a star-gazer, this is one of the best places for it!

While those are my favourites, I would love to hear from our Community members about the places they most enjoy camping at. 

Sionainn