The Big Grill Festival / Other food festivals

The Big Grill Festival / Other food festivals

Author
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 9:36 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
I've just been looking at any events taking place in Ireland later this year and came across The Big Grill Festival.

It looks awesome! Has anyone been? Would you recommend going?

Also if anyone can recommend any other food events I shouldn't miss later this year please let me know I'd love to check them out!
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 10:53 AM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)Community Expert (70.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 4 Silver Achievements 4 Bronze Achievements 28
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Mon 22 Apr 2024 12:10 PM Visits: 13.3K
Food festivals are a super way to see and taste the experience of the island of Ireland!

There are many foodie things happening throughout the year. There is a super list of food festivals that would be a perfect place to start your plans around events across the island. Is there any particular type of food that you would be interested in?

The Big Grill Festival, being Europe’s largest barbecue and craft beer festival, would be a fantastic way to spend some time in Dublin during your visit.

There is also a previous food Food Festival in Ireland community post that you may also be interested in looking at.

Profile Picture
Posted Thu 10 May 2018 12:13 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: 7 hours ago Visits: 2.4K
Hi James,
Let me just mention a couple of events in the Causeway Coast and Glens area of Northern Ireland. On the weekend of 9th – 10th June The Salmon and Whiskey Festival is taking place in Bushmills. Bushmills conservation village is the home of Ireland’s oldest licensed whiskey distillery and the River Bush has had a long association with salmon. There will be live cookery demonstrations in the cookery marquee next to the River Bush and delicious themed dishes to be enjoyed in the local restaurants. Along with whiskey tastings in the distillery and tours of the Salmon station, there will be artisan stalls, and the sound of live traditional music and the sight of colourfully-clad dancers. It all adds up to a splendid food festival in the “Gateway to the Causeway”.
Then there will be Restaurant Week from 10th – 18th November. In the shorter daylight hours of that time of year what could be more pleasant than heading out to different restaurants across the area to eat from special menus created to showcase the creativity of chefs using high quality produce sourced from the area. 
You are most welcome to these food events.
Throughout the year, however, there are a host of creative food tours, where you can sample different artisan foods from the locality in the company of an enthusiastic guide and a small group of eager participants. You can even go on fishing trips, and then have your catch expertly cooked for you to enjoy afterwards. See https://www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com/ and search Food Tours and also Irish Feast.
I hope all this whets your appetite!
Mary.