Visa to Ireland?

Visa to Ireland?

Author
Posted Mon 14 May 2018 5:12 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hi,
I'm a Russian citizen living in France (with French residency card). What type of visa do I need to visit Ireland? Where and how do I get one?
Is there a real border with Northern Ireland, is it possible to visit northern part on Irish visa or do I have to get UK visa as well?
Thank you

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 15 May 2018 4:26 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.2K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hi! :) 

In this case my advice would be to get in touch with the Irish Embassy in Moscow for more information about a visa for the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. They will be able to tell you exactly what you need for your trip. 

Even though there is no border when you travel between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, sometimes there is border patrol checking identification. There is something called the British Irish Visa Scheme, but at the moment this is not available for Russian visitors. The Embassy can advise you on what to do in this case. 

Hope this helps, and let us know if you need some tips for your visit! 
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 15 May 2018 6:58 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Thank you!
Profile Picture
Posted Sat 14 Jul 2018 8:07 PM
View Quick Profile
Community Expert
Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)Community Expert (22.6K reputation)
Gold Achievements 6 Silver Achievements 6 Bronze Achievements 34
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Moderator Last Active: Yesterday @ 5:40 PM Visits: 13.9K
Hi, Natalie.

How your plan is going? Is there any place, in particular, you would like to explore? Please, let me know if you have any more questions before your trip, I'll be glad to help you.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Francesco