Fishing

Fishing

Author
Posted Mon 21 May 2018 4:45 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello,
I am wondering if there is any suggestion on where my family and I can do leisure fishing in Ireland, such as Kinsale, Kerry or Skibbereen. I tried to search but there are more of angling and cruises. But I am searching for a place that can rent us the fishing equipment and let us do some leisure fishing (Just like bike rental).
Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 May 2018 12:51 PM
View Quick Profile
Industry Member
Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)Industry Member (29.4K reputation)
Gold Achievements 3 Silver Achievements 3 Bronze Achievements 19
Northern Ireland
Group: Approved Community Member Last Active: Fri 14 Jun 2024 1:27 PM Visits: 2.4K
Dear Alicia,

Great to hear you are planning a trip to Ireland!  I know you talked about going to somewhere in the very south of the island but I just wanted to give you a little information about the Causeway Coast and Glens region in Northern Ireland as an option for your up-coming holiday.

There are plenty of opportunities for doing a spot of fishing in the area. On a daily basis fishing boats go out of Portrush and Portstewart harbours that will provide everything for a day of sea fishing for cod, pollock, skate, turbot and mackerel.  There is also the option to go to one of the "catch and release" lakes in the area. They provide all the equipment and bait you need to do some fly fishing or casting, and with a bit of luck you might even hook a rainbow trout!  Induction or tuition is provided if necessary by fully qualified instructors.  The River Bann that flows through Coleraine and the surrounding area is also an option for fishing.  Licences and permits are available at local fishing shops.  It is also possible to buy an inexpensive reel and line to fish off the rocks at one of the many seaside locations in the region.

The Causeway Coast and Glens has a beautiful rugged coastline, long sandy beaches and a wealth of attractions such as the Giant's Causeway a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dunluce Castle, Bushmills Whiskey Distillery and Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge.  The TV series Game of Thrones used some of the local beauty spots as film locations for the drama and these are popular stop off places for fans of the show.

If you would like more information about the area please visit our web site: www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com 

Every good wish for a great trip!
Anne

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 22 May 2018 4:12 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55.3K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
That's a great idea, Alicia! Ireland is filled with lovely places for fishing and angling, and in this case my advice would be to get in touch with tackle shops and angling centres for more information about renting fishing gear. 

I have collected a few suggestions for you below which I think you might like.
Another great resource is the Fishing Ireland page, filled with handy information, a tackle directory, and the best fishing locations. 

What else do you have planned for your trip so far? Are you travelling along the Wild Atlantic Way

Hope this helps! :)