June bank holiday

June bank holiday

Author
Posted Mon 28 May 2018 2:09 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hello,
I am going to spend a few days in Ireland and apparently, the 4th of June is a bank holiday. I have been reading that there are lots of events and I was wondering if there is any brochure or information about what is going on that weekend. 
Hope you can help me. 
Best wishes,
Gema.

Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 May 2018 4:11 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)Ireland Advocate (55K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Hello Gema, 

What a great idea to visit some of the bank holiday events and activities during your trip! You'll find that there is loads going on, and that every city, town and village will have their own calendar with scheduled events. Do you have an idea in which area you will be during the bank holiday weekend? 

You can find a full overview of everything that's taking place on the whole island here, with everything from festivals to marathons. Once you're here, please feel free to pick up any of the city guides, leaflets or brochures from the tourist offices, as they will have all of the upcoming events available. 

Hope this helps! :)
Profile Picture
Posted Mon 28 May 2018 4:23 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Thanks! I'll be mainly in Dublin. I'll definitely take a look.
Best,
Gema.

Profile Picture
Posted Tue 29 May 2018 11:30 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Gema,

On Monday 4th June, the Women's Mini Marathon is held in Dublin, it's a 10K event and will have 40,000 women running/walking through the city. It's the biggest Women's sports event held in Europe. Most of the 40,000 women are running to raise money for charity so it's one of the biggest fundraisers in Ireland. It's great fun around the city but take care if you are planning on travelling and just be aware there may be traffic diversions.

Sandra.

Profile Picture
Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 12:23 AM
View Quick Profile
Hi Gema,

How did you like your time in Ireland? Could you take part in any event while you were in Dublin? We'd love to hear how you spent your time in the Emerald Isle. :)

Jorge