ENGLISH - IRISH TRANSLATION

ENGLISH - IRISH TRANSLATION

Author
Posted Wed 25 Jul 2018 9:22 PM
View Quick Profile
Ireland Advocate
Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)Ireland Advocate (54.9K reputation)
Gold Achievements 7 Silver Achievements 7 Bronze Achievements 31
Island of Ireland
Group: Community Member Last Active: Fri 6 May 2022 11:20 AM Visits: 16.5K
Good evening Rob,

First of all, congratulations on your engagement! :D So delighted to read that she said yes, and that you had such a great time in Galway together. Did she like the engraving on the inside of the ring? 

Thank you for letting us know about the wonderful news, and we can't wait to welcome you back! You know where to find us if you're in need of some tips or ideas for your next visit. (Maybe as a honeymoon destination? ;))

Melin
Profile Picture
Posted Wed 31 Mar 2021 8:02 PM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hallo, kann mir bitte jemand den Spruch 
"AUF ALLE MEINE FREUNDE"
in's irische übersetzen?
Wenn möglich mit Lautspache.
Ich will mich nicht nur auf Google verlassen. 
Dank Euch.
Tags
Profile Picture
Posted Thu 1 Apr 2021 10:20 AM
View Quick Profile
New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)
Group: [0] Last Active: - Visits: 0
Hallo, Ori! 

Leider verstehe ich kein Deutsch, das wurde also von Google übersetzt.

In Irish, to address multiple friends, we would just say " A chairde," which means "My friends,".
The direct translation to what you ask would be "Chuig mo chairde uilig", however I don't believe this translates well as it wouldn't be commonly used in Irish vernacular, rather a derivative of the English syntax, which was of course a further dilution of the German in which you originally posed the question! But perhaps someone else on the page could provide further insight to this.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like help with the pronunciation, message us on Facebook and I'd be happy to record myself saying it for you! https://www.facebook.com/ionadnafuiseoige/

Besten Wünsche,
Odhrán.